Questions about Garmon's race

Just a suggestion on the water/nitrous questions, what about removing the supply line going to the motor and capping the inlet. During tech that cap is marked with tamper evident paint. Easy, cheap and quick.

Seems simple enough...So, I have Jeff / Gary take a look at this...
Thanks Billy

For a $50,000 race , remove all traces of the system NX or water. sorry, but NHRA will not allow you to show up with a nitrous system in Super Stock .

Keep it simple to police, and let everyone be part of that , let any one that wants to look under your hood , truck back seat , or where ever have free rain.

I am sponsoring a entry one way or another, but If I do, not build for this class, I will volunteer to be part of tech ,
With 25 years of running comp, I know or about every way to hide anything,.
Not that I did, but …… We talked about it every long ride home after a had loss……

I may be trying to be TOO accomidating for everyone..Thats my nature...
So, I'll have to once again get back to you guys until I can nail Jeff/Gary down on this...

I'm sure there will be No way to tech the fuel itself....So add what you like..

Just don't cry when you get beat by someone that IS only burn old #2 and has a door stop Piston in the motor!! Yes, Slowpoke has an old piston they used for a door stop in his motor!!

Still working on the answer about the lines having to be removed....but I'd say that no bottles / tanks will be ok....I'll get with Jeff / Gary tmrw...

I'd talk to some of the Modified class sled pullers...I am pretty sure they have to tech fuel....that way you know nobody is mixing nitromethane in or something else crazy.

I'd talk to some of the Modified class sled pullers...I am pretty sure they have to tech fuel....that way you know nobody is mixing nitromethane in or something else crazy.

so now your going to find time to tech the fuel after each run , on the return road .

It amazes me that so many people are worried about fuel and lines and all this nonsense just show up race follow the rules and have a good time!

It amazes me that so many people are worried about fuel and lines and all this nonsense just show up race follow the rules and have a good time!

AMEM!!!:clap:

No, they'll just do a "random" sample like NHRA drug tests, and you'll probably get picked every round for bringing it up ;)

LOL

All others look here!!

4444d8f0.jpg

Officially From Jeff!

NO LINES.....MUST BE REMOVED!!!!!

NO FUEL TECH....IF YOU WANNA ADD SOMETHING AND RISK BLOWIN YO CHIT UP!! FEEL FREE!!!

No, they'll just do a "random" sample like NHRA drug tests, and you'll probably get picked every round for bringing it up ;)

in NHRA fuel is checked and the car is weighed ,every pass in classes that matter.

and I will be running Syndiesel , or Shell racing diesel.

and since this race , the sales fof Syndiesel for people looking at this race is going crazy

Or just the quick 16, because who cares what you used if you didn't make the big show.

so who cares what is done to get in to the show . the hard part will be getting in the 16 . once in the top 16 more then half the round will be won on the tree :pro:

I kinda like the nitro diesel idea! Fuel only! Mix up your best brew and lets race!:ft:

Already answered this one but I know its hard to follow such a huge thread..

Just the quickest pass of the three that you are allowed in qualifying.....And yes if someone gets a great pass the first time out and they opt to not run the other two, that's ok too...

Sorry I missed it thanks.

Officially From Jeff!

NO FUEL TECH....IF YOU WANNA ADD SOMETHING AND RISK BLOWIN YO CHIT UP!! FEEL FREE!!!

That's badass.....I've fooled around with a few percent, and I noticed my EGTs went up, but that was about it.

How something so simple can be made so hard by a bunch of people that won't be racing is beyond me.

I'm gonna try like hell to have my single cab DD project done by then. If I get to come play then I will. If not I'll be there to help out with whatever y'all need.

Safety tech everyone but, Just fully tech the money positions. Or here is another option.

The way we used to do it in motorcycle road racing was if you wanted to have a bike torn down because you felt they were cheating, and it passed, you paid the tech officials and the owner, if it didn't pass tech the bike was given back to the owner in pieces no charge.

Safety tech everyone but, Just fully tech the money positions. Or here is another option.

The way we used to do it in motorcycle road racing was if you wanted to have a bike torn down because you felt they were cheating, and it passed, you paid the tech officials and the owner, if it didn't pass tech the bike was given back to the owner in pieces no charge.

LOL I like those rules!

In NHRA Stock class, if you get marked for teardown (a virtual guarantee if you set a record), you get to show up to the teardown barn with your own tools, they tell you what to pull off (i.e., driver's side cylinder head), you pull it off yourself and present it for inspection, then you get to put it all back together yourself. Never done it myself but hear about it from my friends that race Stock. If I ever race Stock I'll just be doing it for the bracket racing and never try to set any records!

Back