Truck rules meeting - september 29

New RWYB "rules"

Gas Trucks: Cut tires, Nitrous, Superchargers, 7500lbs

Diesel Trucks: 2.0 charger inducer, No tires trucks will run on rims, 7500lbs

*If a diesel wins an event rule changes will be made.(There will be no more Ridin Dirty) :poke:

I'm just kidding it's a good class......Bring your popcorn:pop:its always a good night!

Not trying to be a smart a$$ but why would you have a rule meeting on a Thursday. We bust our a$$'s to pay for our pulling trucks then y'all pull another stunt like that. Why not have a meeting not on a work night or would that make to much sense.

How about you don't go DICKSHAKER, so no one has to hear you talk, damn get over it. Oh buy why FPP pro stock class I think it is great the way it is leave it alone. Maybe get rid of the duramax's LOL

*If a diesel wins an event rule changes will be made.(There will be no more Ridin Dirty) :poke:

I'm just kidding it's a good class......Bring your popcorn:pop:its always a good night!

I think it is time for pro stock to put big boy pants on. Unless people like working on the drive lines a lot. Stock drive line mod truck here we go

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure ol' Tim is up for a challenge

I think it is time for pro stock to put big boy pants on. Unless people like working on the drive lines a lot. Stock drive line mod truck here we go

First, I don't have a dog in this fight.

I must say I don't understand the stock drivetrain rule. It seems expensive for the committed competitors, and excludes others from different sanctioning bodies to hook.

I must say I don't understand the stock drivetrain rule. It seems expensive for the committed competitors, and excludes others from different sanctioning bodies to hook.

Thats is what I am saying. There is a couple of really good running trucks close to the locations we pull at. Some may make it to pull. Odl dose not make any more power, just saves on parts. I am pretty sure the fans/crowd could care less. I don't think anyone of them had any interest in looking at the underside of mine or others.

What about a weight penalty for ODL trucks??? Just for a year or two until all the heavy hitters get their trucks switched around. This would still allow for pullers with FDL to compete while giving them the heads up on getting the coin needed to switch, also new pullers or a less competitive truck to continue working on their set-up and improving on becoming more competitive.

This has been done before. Right before 2.8 went away there was some places running a 2.8/3.0 class where the 3.0 trucks ran at like 7500 lbs. Or something there abouts.

I too have "no dog in the fight" because I don't run FPP, but I thought I'd share an idea.

Thoughts???

It's about history, that's why.

FPP has always given due credit to the pullers that have supported the class for a long time. So if the "old guard" doesn't want open driveline, then it gets voted against and status quo remains.

FPP has said over and over that they don't have a particular view on how a rule like this should go, they just need to have a good field of trucks. So if you want open driveline in that class, you're gonna need 6 or 8 committed people to stick with it and keep the class viable, knowing that some pullers will quit.

2 years ago we had this discussion and the former champions of the class basically weren't against open driveline per se, but their comment was "we don't really want to start all over again." At the time they were more or less ruling the roost because of the number of wins. That wasn't the case this year....new sherriff in town.

Bottom line is that it takes time to change old ways. Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes not.

Personally I think that class should be changed to fall in line with NADM 3.0 or Superstreet, because it is a unicorn class as is. You set up for that class and just can't run other places without a lot of wrenching and parts swapping, etc.

Last edited:
the USA-EAST committee felt like last year the true 3.0 trucks could have competed in Pro Stock Diesel. however the pullers chose not to permit those trucks into the class at last year's meeting. there appears to be some added sentiment to getting the true 3.0 trucks into the PS Diesel class for 2012.

we are talking about true 3.0 trucks - NADM or NTPA or PPL East Cost rules.

this would require a turbo check for the 3.0 trucks. It would also permit an option for a current USA-EAST Pro Stock Diesel to go to an open driveline and back off to a 3.0 charger in 2012.

but .... this would take an affirmative vote by the current (2011) Pro Stock Diesel owners at the meeting on Thursday in order to go into affect.

IF you are a current USA-EAST member in PS Diesel and you are not coming to the rules meeting, be sure to let RJ or Rick know your feelings on this issue and we will add your vote at the meeting.

How does the hitch rules in 2.6 line out?? I wanted to go pull a couple times this year and buddies told me my reese STYLE hitch wouldnt pass.. its not bolted in its welded and it doesnt move in or out?

I'm not sure how a true 3.0 truck with ODL would stack up against an open single with SDL.

It would probably have less breakage and stay in the points really well....but to win individual hooks, I'd think that open single would be hard to beat.

Pick your poison kind of thing.

How does the hitch rules in 2.6 line out?? I wanted to go pull a couple times this year and buddies told me my reese STYLE hitch wouldnt pass.. its not bolted in its welded and it doesnt move in or out?

If you put 20' on everyone, you have an illegal hitch LOL

It's about history, that's why.

FPP has always given due credit to the pullers that have supported the class for a long time. So if the "old guard" doesn't want open driveline, then it gets voted against and status quo remains.

FPP has said over and over that they don't have a particular view on how a rule like this should go, they just need to have a good field of trucks. So if you want open driveline in that class, you're gonna need 6 or 8 committed people to stick with it and keep the class viable, knowing that some pullers will quit.

2 years ago we had this discussion and the former champions of the class basically weren't against open driveline per se, but their comment was "we don't really want to start all over again." At the time they were more or less ruling the roost because of the number of wins. That wasn't the case this year....new sherriff in town.

Bottom line is that it takes time to change old ways. Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes not.

Personally I think that class should be changed to fall in line with NADM 3.0 or Superstreet, because it is a unicorn class as is. You set up for that class and just can't run other places without a lot of wrenching and parts swapping, etc.

:clap:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but it just gets old chasing rules every year. The cost of everything has went way up in this sport since it's beginning. Your looking at about 14k to put a odl setup under a truck. It's not the cost of the reverser or dropbox that gets you. It's the cost of every little small part that you have to have to make it work that adds up. We use to have 30 trucks down here in the stock driveline 3.0 class, now there is nobody. The cost of it has drove everyone away.

Back