Truck rules meeting - september 29

I agree 100% Tim, Alot of us put alotta time and $$ into running good and being inside the rules. I pride my self a lil on running decent and being legal!

to the drive line thing, 2 of the major things that separate the 2.6 from the pro street guys is turbos and hitchs, i feel those should be looked at every pull for 2.6, There were guys changing hicth setups from pull to pull, i can change my valley mounted turbo in an hour and cover in under 15 min! Not acusing, just saying!

I appriciate RJ and his crew and wouldnt want thier job any day of the week!

I remember watching two different pullers going up to RJ and asking for a turbo to be plugged after a "middle of the pack" truck got into the top 3 last year at clearfield and it never happened! ???? I have no beef with the tech's and as Caleb said i wouldnt want there job, but i think the techs and FPP should be more educated on the rules. Does anyone at FPP know what were allowed to run for M.W.G. on a 2.6 Charger? Are we still running 2010 rules in 2012? Just sayin.

I agree with both of you guys completely I 'm not wanting to start anything either just putting my point of view out there, and I see some points that you guys bring up that I didnt realize or see before.

I remember watching two different pullers going up to RJ and asking for a turbo to be plugged after a "middle of the pack" truck got into the top 3 last year at clearfield and it never happened! ???? I have no beef with the tech's and as Caleb said i wouldnt want there job, but i think the techs and FPP should be more educated on the rules. Does anyone at FPP know what were allowed to run for M.W.G. on a 2.6 Charger? Are we still running 2010 rules in 2012? Just sayin.

x2^^^^

sometime in March all of the techs will get together on a WEEK-END and will spend the day going over issues just like you suggest. i am sure that RJ and the other techs would highly welcome input from anyone who might give them tips to become better techs. just let them know that you want to help out.

My entention isnt to start any problems. With the technology of diesels and parts/information avalable I felt some people are loosing intrest in the sport. Look at the attendance.

So with that said. What if we opened the rule up to let more people in. I wasnt trying to say I need ODL. We all know the parts are avalable to turn the stock driveline into a pretty close set up.

I have herard the comments. " look at the money in that thing" Its motorsports. I had just as much money in it last year, and had my a$$ handed to tme time and time again. I would like to simplify my set up. Odl would do that for me.

I like the 3.0 odl in pro stock and unlimited single. If it would bring more people. I think a 3.0 odl would have a hard time being on top. If the truck hooks decent the is no substitute for horse power. I like the pro stock pullers and would like to continue to pull with them. One of the competors of the class built my transmission and has seen my truck up close many night helping. If I was to go to RWYB I would loose that group and be the odd guy out. I have no problems with them just dont have a intrest in pulling with them. This sport/hobbie is what the most of us enjoy to do. That is why some of us fight like girls.

2 points to add:

1) It's been observed several times in the past that some of the trucks in PSD, if they don't run well, or don't run sufficiently close to the front, they kinda disappear for a while. I don't think people are throwing in the towel permanently, but only time will tell.

2) After thinking about it quite a bit, I don't think there would be any harm in letting 3.0" protrusion-chargered trucks in with ODL......just as long as you all have your big boy pants on when that one freak of nature legal 3.0 truck gets near the front and or starts taking wins. Same is true the opposite way, if the 3.0 trucks get hammered, they may quit. So you all would need to let FPP do some adjusting with weight or whatever to bring the two styles closer together. In the past, this has been the point at which the fighting can start (e.g., RWYB).

There's no simple way of doing this. You don't have enough trucks to convincingly support the class if you go completely one way or the other. That leaves you with a mixed class that might be hard to manage.

Still wondering how many 3.0 ODL trucks would be potentially joining.

Yeah or hit the gears just right on a really loose track where power is not always your friend.

Just a dumb question.....how many 3.0 trucks are out there within reasonable driving distance of FPP's region?

How many trucks is NTPA getting in their 3.0?

Matt, NTPA, NADM are getting good number and also with COTPC which we could pull truck from all three organizations that are with in driving distance...... I feel that it is a case of "if you build it they will come" type of deal.
*Also I forgot PPL East coast trucks.

Ask Scott Blair his opinion he would be a great one that could be perfect to run both FPP and COTPC

I just got a PM from Gene suggesting that the 3.0 ODL would wipe out the FPP PSD trucks.

So Tim....you ready to pony up? Or is Wayne just throwing you to the wolves? LOL

Wow, getting more feedback that 3.0 ODL is way stouter than I would have thought.

Might be eating my words....

Would really like to see Jackson and Gambino head to head with Blair, etc.

I wasn't looking for a whos truck is better thread. I like the idea of 3.0 odl and unlimited single pulling for points as equals. Speaking for myself I would never go 3.0 odl if i could run open single stock driveline.

The goal is to freshen it up allow more pullers in. I know what direction I would go. If they offered both classes combined, then guys like wayne and the copper colored dodge could pull in pro stock with the change of a turbo if they chose too.

I just got a PM from Gene suggesting that the 3.0 ODL would wipe out the FPP PSD trucks.

So Tim....you ready to pony up? Or is Wayne just throwing you to the wolves? LOL

Well last weekend NADM would'nt let wilkins,lorenz and I pull with the 3.0 trucks we had to pull with the mod trucks! With a freakin oem driveline which there only was one mod truck and one super st truck and we took 1,2,and 3 places.

I wasn't looking for a whos truck is better thread. I like the idea of 3.0 odl and unlimited single pulling for points as equals. Speaking for myself I would never go 3.0 odl if i could run open single stock driveline.

The goal is to freshen it up allow more pullers in. I know what direction I would go. If they offered both classes combined, then guys like wayne and the copper colored dodge could pull in pro stock with the change of a turbo if they chose too.

Tim, I think you are right on. The class needs more serious pullers, not 2.6 or street trucks that are just invited in to fill spots.

Back