Ucc 2017

People hate on Baca and industrial injection a lot in this forum but I respect them for sticking to the CR injection and not selling out to the mechanical injection sigma Gods. The look on everybody when they realized Baca still won the dyno... Priceless!

I think a ton of folks fully expected II to win the dyno with the most hp....that was no surprise...also, it was no surprise that none of that power could make it to the ground on the strip.

Next year will be what matters....

....and folks said this after the even last year too....Bernie..... :blahblah1:

They threw a motor together with parts that Drew wouldn't sell, because they were flawed, and borrowed a pump from Columbus because that's what people wanted to see. Ended up make less overall power numbers from being so difficult to load it and keep everything right. He didn't sell out, they were putting on a show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The load wasn't the issue...

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

I do not know all the details on the issues we had as I was not there but I believe the biggest issues we had were with the new transmission setup. We had a faulty speed sensor causing the PCS controller to freak out and not shift when it was supposed to. We were also twisting the shafts pretty bad every time and having to replace them. The only testing we had was on the chassis dyno to set up the shifting with the PCS. This was all done 2 days before they left. 90% of this truck was built after hours as well. During the day everyone was going about their normal daily routine taking care of customers and their needs. We definitely didn't come 100% dialed in and tested but still showed up to put on a good show for the fans of the diesel industry.

We learned a lot from our issues and failures during this event which equates to a win in our book. Every competitor pushed the envelope this year and tried new things to help promote and push the industry to new levels.

Congrats to everyone who competed, busted their asses and spent thousands of dollars to put on a show for the fans and help further the industry in a positive manor.

I'm not a baca fan but I'll say he as well as the support team tried like hell to get that thing down the drag strip. The last run he made when the rear tires jumped off the ground was wild. Randys dually is something else as well.

I have mad respect for all the Competitors and their teams! Some went out due to Catastrophic failure, some due to just bad luck/decision.

Not a one of these teams should really catch any slack for their performance...even Baca. They struggled all weekend and were only one broke transmission from finishing in the top 3. Weather you like him or not he does deserve a little respect for his efforts.

I'll step off of my Soap Box now.

I have mad respect for all the Competitors and their teams! Some went out due to Catastrophic failure, some due to just bad luck/decision.

Not a one of these teams should really catch any slack for their performance...even Baca. They struggled all weekend and were only one broke transmission from finishing in the top 3. Weather you like him or not he does deserve a little respect for his efforts.

I'll step off of my Soap Box now.

Completely agree, Phil....but I'm still going to forward all the funny II truck memes. :hehe:

Completely agree, Phil....but I'm still going to forward all the funny II truck memes. :hehe:

thats awesome...

From what i overheard and conversated in, just about everyone anticipated the overall results of the top2, drags and dyno. The drags were a disappointment from the stands. sucks so many had carnage or issues. wouldve like to see most of those guys making solid passes at the permitable track potential that day. happy to see a mechanical truck win the sled pulls, even as exotic as it was. i hope next year the competitors dont burn themselves out before the event trying to raise the bar so high. thanks to the competitors and teams who conversated with the normal folk fans and enthusiasts.

I think a ton of folks fully expected II to win the dyno with the most hp....that was no surprise...also, it was no surprise that none of that power could make it to the ground on the strip.

....and folks said this after the even last year too....Bernie..... :blahblah1:

Ok think of this..... Baca came into it with a bad motor and still laid out 2400hp. Lavons setup is obviously geared toward keeping it together, but in this industry what sells the most.... slip times or HP #s....

The real winner is still industrial since they obviously made Lavon feel he had something to prove and they were living rent free on Firepunks brain for him to light his engine bay on fire on the dyno!

Ponies are what drive the sales and frankly for II having sub-par engineering into their setup compared to Firepunk/D&J the ROI for II winning the dyno will be significantly greater.

Imho Reyes has the most impressive setup when his power hooks at the weight he races at.

Funny how the elevation in Idaho falls is higher than salt lake, but Firepunk went bigger on the compounds and it back fired.

How does ii have "sub-par engineering" compared to D&J/Firepunk?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Maybe because they can make a pass on the strip or sled? I'm really thinking they need a benchmark for each event, and that maybe II should be that for the dyno. Maybe Milliken in his green car for the races, and haisley/Kellogg for the pulls.

Ok think of this..... Baca came into it with a bad motor and still laid out 2400hp. Lavons setup is obviously geared toward keeping it together, but in this industry what sells the most.... slip times or HP #s....

The real winner is still industrial since they obviously made Lavon feel he had something to prove and they were living rent free on Firepunks brain for him to light his engine bay on fire on the dyno!

Ponies are what drive the sales and frankly for II having sub-par engineering into their setup compared to Firepunk/D&J the ROI for II winning the dyno will be significantly greater.

Imho Reyes has the most impressive setup when his power hooks at the weight he races at.

wut? some flawed logic there...

No lie. He's not famous for educated posts if you look back a year or so. :hehe:

Obviously, "geared toward staying together" was a good plan. Indigestional Infection isn't holding a check for $20K. :D

Schidt.....Josh can twist drive shafts with his bare hands.

attachment.php

LOL

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 0

Maybe because they can make a pass on the strip or sled? I'm really thinking they need a benchmark for each event, and that maybe II should be that for the dyno. Maybe Milliken in his green car for the races, and haisley/Kellogg for the pulls.

How does ii have "sub-par engineering" compared to D&J/Firepunk?

Sub-par meaning the overall setups and minds working together to make the build. I'd bet when you breakdown the line items Firepunk dumped more money to try and make power that II did!

No lie. He's not famous for educated posts if you look back a year or so. :hehe:

Obviously, "geared toward staying together" was a good plan. Indigestional Infection isn't holding a check for $20K. :D

$20k isn't $hit for what was put into it, hell wasn't Bradenton back year's ago more than that?... can't remember for sure.

You truly don't understand what was on that dyno do you?

You have to look beyond the overall winner.....

Events like these 80%+ of the people could give a rats on track time and pull distance.

Go fast parts are marketed based on how much power you'll gain, not a set ET or distance!

So in the world of marketing II won! Which in the end will make $20k, look like child's play.

I don't nut swing for anyone like most on here, but the fact remains Baca still bested Lavon on power and never claimed to be better at the other events.

We definitely didn't come 100% dialed in and tested about the only thing i can agree with here...

We learned a lot from our issues and failures during this event which equates to a win in our book.
oh, that's cute, a moral victory. EVERYONE GETS A TROPHY! good to see y'all have fully embraced the millennial way of thinking.

The real winner is still industrial.

Ponies are what drive the sales

this is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard. "hey, you can either buy a setup that will make 1000hp on the dyno once or twice and can't make a pass or one that makes 900hp and is the fastest, most reliable truck on the block." which one are you gonna choose?

and again, with the moral victory BS. the REAL winner was Firepunk. literally, they won the event...

edit: oh and everyone is talking about them in a positive light. so keep thinking that they didn't win the PR portion of the event too. clown.

Last edited:
Back