Should I lose the molding???

r-n-r said:

Awesome! Thanks for the help!

I'm close to a Advance auto parts, O'Reileys, Auto Zone and another auto parts store, so one of them should have it. I guess I'll give that a whirl. LOL

One of them definately should have it, or at least be able to get it for you.

Good luck to ya,
R-N-R

My black one got debadged and destickered. You can do like billy and dog it hard enough so they just fall off. Acetone should get it off but be careful and wax over it as soon as you are through

Last edited:
I did not dog on it hard enough, I got mad and slammed the door hard enough to knock it off, you should know, you were there idjit.

buy one of the 3m Rubber Wheels, they will work, i used one on my yukon and it took all the adhesive crap off, all you need is a good drill and an extra battery, and it doesnt hurt your hand or anything, its like a giant eraser and it even leaves the rubber shavings like an eraser :)

Anyone know where you can get replatement moldings at? Going to be having the truck painted and didnt know where to get new side moldings from?

You might want to try good ol' fashioned WD-40 and a soft cloth or just some concentrated wash soap and a cloth. If you use a mechanical deal to remove it you might get the crap off and scratch the surrounding area in the process.

I agree with Billy, this is a touchy area...

Purple stuff works well also... then when its done clay bar it and it will clean up real nice.

i like the look of no molding but with the idots that like to hit nice looking trucks with their doors you will be ticked off at the door dings you will get

Anyone know where you can get replatement moldings at? Going to be having the truck painted and didnt know where to get new side moldings from?

Holy necro-post!!! You dredged one up from 3 years ago--probably not a record, but it's a good try...

I like it dave! I left mine because it helps keep the splash down under it!

I thought you had a roal pan?

I like it dave! I left mine because it helps keep the splash down under it!

I thought you had a roal pan?

Haha. I do this was my post from back in the day. I don't have any of the molding any more. None on the tailgate or the side of the truck.

Back