Plasti-Dip

Did the grille and lower valance on my duramax with black plasti dip, did several coats and it was almost two years ago, still lookin good after numerous power washings and thousands of miles of bugs

6uhu6ety.jpg

I was thinking about it. Now I'm thinking of dipping the next truck. Longevity is my concern though.

If you prep it right it holds up pretty good. I know of some trucks that look pretty good with it on. The coolest thing is if you decide you don't like it just peel it off

My duramax grill looks better with pealing chrome than any shlt dip will ever make it look. Why would I spend money on something that peals off when I can just buy a new chrome grill? A polished turd is still a turd and shiny new chrome will match my new headlights better than any shlt dip will.

My duramax grill looks better with pealing chrome than any shlt dip will ever make it look. Why would I spend money on something that peals off when I can just buy a new chrome grill? A polished turd is still a turd and shiny new chrome will match my new headlights better than any shlt dip will.

Damn who pissed in your Cheerios?!?!

No one pissed in my Cheerios, I just think it looks like shlt. You think it looks like tits, you're entitled to you're opinion.

Dave's truck doesn't look too bad but then again he didn't use it to hide shlt. The color of the truck and style of wheels he chose all play well with the blacked out chrome.

Personally if I want a black grill I'll have it proffessionaly painted. I don't care for the texture of plastidip.

Last edited:
Go to dipyourcar.com

The ones they do turn out pretty good. I've seen some crapp dip jobs when done with the rattle can but if you put the time in to prep and put enough coats on it looks good. Their clear coat doesn't have enough "gloss" but the matte turns out pretty cool. I wish they had more color options.

I've only done small pieces and happy with it. I've seen some people ruin stuff with it though.
edazy8y2.jpg

2y5a7ata.jpg

e2yquhy6.jpg

a6eneve5.jpg

a7e8ehag.jpg

Back