TS Outlaw Gumbo List (Friday Night)

Do you like Gumbo

• Total voters

Billysgoat

The ANTI-BLING!
Okay guys and gals, if you are planning to attend the TS outlaw race/open house and would be interested in eating a bowl of gumbo Friday night cast your vote. I'm planning to bring all the fixin's with me and cook it up during the day on Friday but I need a rough idea of how many folks will be there. The final recipe is yet to be decided, but it will have turkey, chicken, sausage, shrimp and whatever I can run over on the way in it (J/K, J/K, no roadkill..unless it's REALLY fresh LOL ). It will be DE-licious :D I Ga-ron-tee it!!

Cast your vote in the poll please, easy way to get a head count.

Im not big on shrimp, but ill give it a go. Anybody with a pot that size usually knows what they are doing.

I can bring my pot and burner..
Remember it is LEGAL to eat your roadkill in TN..No Chit..
So hit all ya can*bdh*

I'm in!!! I think we're leaving Columbus around 12-1pm and should be there 5-7 hours later (depends on who leads the pack).

brandon.

JJeepyjohn said:
I can bring my pot and burner..
Remember it is LEGAL to eat your roadkill in TN..No Chit..
So hit all ya can*bdh*
It against the law in other places to eat roadkill???
I have deer every so often that way, you just cut out the bruised meat and make sure you are quick, you have no time to get it cut up in the summer.

Hmm... same as with the "Crayfish" i have no idea what the heck gumbo is (like stew maybe?) but ill be their and ill give it a try...ill eat anything usually.

ill be there, i luv me some gumbo...do i need to bring anything? who likes oyster's? i might be able to swing over and pick up some fresh ones...we'll see.

I will be there and love REAL gumbo. don't get it here in maryland. is there some kind of list going where people could sign up for bringing different things.
just an idea and if anyone knows of any local foods from md they would like post it up. might have to bring some crabcakes, ya know their like gumbo everywhere has em but none like the originals.

Patrick@DPP said:
Dang, I was kinda on the fence about this event. I'm going for sure now!

As far as I'm concerned the TS event is the diesel version of the Daytona 500 and yes, I believe it's better than Indy (no offense).

CookCR said:
Hmm... same as with the "Crayfish" i have no idea what the heck gumbo is (like stew maybe?) but ill be their and ill give it a try...ill eat anything usually.

Allan (and others who don't know) gumbo is an "End of the Week" meal, whatever you have in the fridge, just throw it in the pot and start cooking :D

To all offering to bring something, BRING IT ON!!! We'll have one heck of an eatin' Friday night. As for the supplies?? I should have everything I need with me, what I don't bring I can get at any grocery store in the area, mainly fresh veggies. As it gets closer and the head count firms up if I need anything I'll let ya'll know.:thankyou2:

Dis gon' be SO good it make you slap round' yo' momma!!

We're in. DJ says we're passing through Tennessee and should be able to bring some good road kill for dinner. I'm not in for the road kill.

Thanks,
Vivian

I told my traveling/race buddies about it. Plan on 5-6 more as long as you have a donation jar for kickin' cash back to ya since us northerners don't understand gumbo yet & can't contribute any other way.

brnaodn.

Back