fresh built engine questions

67liter59eater

before i get started i have built a good amount of commonrails but never let one sit as long as my personal build [4 months] its never been started just rolled over to make sure there is no funny business my fear is that there is not substantial oil on the bearings any more it was smothered with assembly lube before sealing it up also oil pump was primed with Vaseline I'm also thinking of buying a Melling prelube tank but its only capable of holding 4 quarts I'm not sure if that's going to be enough to ensure that there is proper lubrication for start up looking for thoughts its got the coated [race bearings] in the mains just really not trying to trash a $10,000 engine that I'm very excited to get running [should make north of 1200hp on fuel]

Last edited:
before i get started i have built a good amount of commonrails but never let one sit as long as my personal build [4 months] its never been started just rolled over to make sure there is no funny business my fear is that there is not substantial oil on the bearings any more it was smothered with assembly lube before sealing it up also oil pump was primed with Vaseline I'm also thinking of buying a Melling prelube tank but its only capable of holding 4 quarts I'm not sure if that's going to be enough to ensure that there is proper lubrication for start up looking for thoughts its got the coated [race bearings] in the mains just really not trying to trash a $10,000 engine that I'm very excited to get running [should make north of 1200hp on fuel]

Holy fukking run on sentence, Batman. Do they speak English in Florida?

ok thank you i fired it this morning built oil pressure immediately. now just hoping the cam break in went right and also to the key board warrior that wants to give me spelling advise you sir can get lost i asked a simple question and did not need your 2 cents on my grammar............................. so there is a bunch of periods to make you feel better about you're self

Yourself *
I smeared mine up pretty good with assembly lube, but neglected to fill the oil pump, so it took a few turns to build oil pressure, but still was just fine.

Last edited:
If you want to hang with the grown up folks learn how to use punctuation it makes your posts easier to read do you understand we speak English round these parts

3 posts and he's already talking trash to the moderators. Wow...

ok thank you i fired it this morning built oil pressure immediately. now just hoping the cam break in went right and also to the key board warrior that wants to give me spelling advise you sir can get lost i asked a simple question and did not need your 2 cents on my grammar............................. so there is a bunch of periods to make you feel better about you're self

Glad you got her going safe and sound.
As for the grammar, you'll find it's a common trend around here that people appreciate not having to decipher a post. It's pretty easy to take a second or two to reread your post. $.02

To Mr.Wunderwood don't start in on me when i don't know you nor do i care to and you wont get a bad response from me. like i stated in the prior comment i asked a simple question and you gave no assistance so there for you had no business speaking your mind. i don't care if you run this page or some high up on this page at the end of the day i came here for some advise not an English lesson from a forum warrior, mediator or not, your irreverent and unnecessary. and to every one else that helped me thank you for your time. I drove the truck today and it's doing great 1 minor oil leak and i will hopefully be putting some miles on it for the next 3 weeks and then off to the dyno to get everything dialed in on fuel and Nitrous since the recent move from KY to FL has the tune a little out of wack.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Suck also known as Comp D. Where a thread derail can happen as quick as your butt started hurting.

Last edited:
If you don't like people telling you to speak English, then this forum is not for you, Sam. I would grow some thick skin while you are at it, and no, I am not a "forum warrior", but I am one of a few moderators of this forum, that try to educate the flat-bill wearing window lickers.

We install Cat engines all the time that have sat for months and even years, never had an issue... Oh, and these are Dyno ran engines, so no assembly lube left.

I don't have the best grammar but I make an effort... Never once had someone correct it or bash me. Pretty sure it's the effort part;)

Last edited:
We install Cat engines all the time that have sat for months and even years, never had an issue... Oh, and these are Dyno ran engines, so no assembly lube left.

I don't have the best grammar but I make an effort... Never once had someone correct it or bash me. Pretty sure it's the effort part;)
What dealer?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Back