SDX vids

HOLY SHIZNAT Z! What alldid you break???

To my knowledge in order of breakage.

Ladder bars, driverside suspension stop, rear yolk, ujoint shield, front steering arm between the tires bent, allowing driverside wheel to turn in, which got the top ball joint(bent the cast outer piece) then got the inner and outer driverside axle.

I think the 60 and 80 are ok.

The biggest bummer was if there was 12 or 13 more feet in her if she would have stayed together.

That would be me, frame was boxed around the traction bars but it crinkled between them and where the crossmember is. It was a bonehead move on my part why it happened but I suppose it was bound to happen at some point.:bang

So if you had boxed the frame in past the cross-member, do you still think it would have happened? I've been debating about how to go about boxing it in for this very reason. One thing was for sure, you were really letting it dig. From the stands, it was an "Oh dang that's gonna hurt" moment.

So if you had boxed the frame in past the cross-member, do you still think it would have happened? I've been debating about how to go about boxing it in for this very reason. One thing was for sure, you were really letting it dig. From the stands, it was an "Oh dang that's gonna hurt" moment.

I think it was one of those "whats the weakest link" type deals, if it wasn't the frame it would've probably been my chicken **** welds on some other part of the truck, but I'd recommend box as much as you can around and in front of your bars. I should've pulled my lower gear but figured I'd kick myself in the ass if I didn't try it...well hind sight is 20/20.

I have never thought that the dom tubing is heavy enough. It works in roll cages cause it has lots of bends and braces to make short runners. In one long stick with that kind of force it is not strong enough. Mine are 2x4x1/4 box steel 72" long. They go frome the underneath center of axle to underneath the ext. cab doors where the fram is boxed. They are heavy though.LOL

Sorry about your truck Dan. I didnt even know it was yours at first. I thought "it sucks to be that guy" then jones told me it was you

Technically I think the DOM held up, it was the 3rd point links that failed. They do have a bow in them though.
After consulting I am going back with square.

To my knowledge in order of breakage.

Ladder bars, driverside suspension stop, rear yolk, ujoint shield, front steering arm between the tires bent, allowing driverside wheel to turn in, which got the top ball joint(bent the cast outer piece) then got the inner and outer driverside axle.

I think the 60 and 80 are ok.

The biggest bummer was if there was 12 or 13 more feet in her if she would have stayed together.

YOKE G-dammit!!!!!!!! haha. I would have liked to see what yours did too....I have a soft spot for automatic p-pumped 24v's. :rockwoot:

Technically I think the DOM held up, it was the 3rd point links that failed. They do have a bow in them though.
After consulting I am going back with square.

10-4. Either way, your truck was running pretty strong. With that kinda shockload, alot of things can sure giveway. I wasnt really happy with my runs mainly related to the turbo. I think im going to try something different.

Last edited:
The Hooker had some issues, had electrical issues come up right as I was about to pull then also had the balancer come apart. It took out a bearing the engine not sure wich one yet but there was copper in the filter. Really wish I could have done a better test hook before goin up there.

The Hooker had some issues, had electrical issues come up right as I was about to pull then also had the balancer come apart. It took out a bearing the engine not sure wich one yet but there was copper in the filter. Really wish I could have done a better test hook before goin up there.

What brand balancer?

Well I was gonna ask if you were gonna come to lafayette sept 18th but that's a little far fetched now

It was a stock 3rd gen balancer, it spun so much that it melted the rubber out of it probably almost caught fire.

May still make some more pulls depending on if the crank is ok or not.

I have it limited to 5500 right now but have spun up to 7k. At Schied I only hit about 5200, the clutch was screwin up nd acting like a wieghted clutch and was engaging with rpms. By the time I was at about 4500 is was already engaged and rollin where as I would usually get 5500rpms before I even start letting off the clutch.

Crank is good have not found a bad bearing anywhere so good news there. I think all the knocking was the broken pressure plate and broken balancer. So atleast its not as bad as I though it was going to be.

It was a stock 3rd gen balancer, it spun so much that it melted the rubber out of it probably almost caught fire.

haha damn. I wouldn't want to spin 4000 without an ATI or fluidamper....let alone 5500! Are the 3rd gen balancers suposed to take more rpm's?

Im using the stock fluid dampener on my 6.7,nothing to come apart on that style,your clutch must not like the rpms much. mabye youll have to put a 48re in the hooker too! wish we could have seen a good hook-bummer

haha damn. I wouldn't want to spin 4000 without an ATI or fluidamper....let alone 5500! Are the 3rd gen balancers suposed to take more rpm's?

Obviously not....

I like the 6.7 dampeners myself, all one piece tone ring and balancer and its a fluid style as well. Only issue is that they stick out further so I have to mess with my fuel pump mount some.

Dont think the rpms messed the clutch up, looks like it sheard some rivets that hold the pressure plate together, thinking we need better stuff to hold up towhat I am putting against it.

Bean theres a pull this month I believe in Layflat , If u get it back together and want some testing

Back