SDX vids

Just to clarify I didnt make that comment , honestly I hate to hear peeps cheer when something goes wrong

I would have thought 0.5" wall DOM tubing was beefy enough, especially when I looked around all weekend and even saw some 1" stuff on trucks.

I was wrong. Looks like square is in the future.

what size od?? mine are 2" od .375 wall and havent seen them bend in any of my vids yet. think the od is as important as the thickness.

Well I got another truck that bent the frame on vid so u wont b alone :) think it was on Saturday

what size od?? mine are 2" od .375 wall and havent seen them bend in any of my vids yet. think the od is as important as the thickness.

Yes the OD place an important part.

1.5" DOM. Watch the rear of the truck, I think that was got them, the truck was really loading and unloading. They had been on the truck for probably 3+ years, without any issues or signs of bending until recently.

Well I got another truck that bent the frame on vid so u wont b alone :) think it was on Saturday

Who bent the frame?

I do no that one side of the truck sits about 1" lower than the other. I suspect the clamps on the springs shifted some, hopefully loosening the clamps and reclamping will fix that issue.

Who bent the frame?

That would be me, frame was boxed around the traction bars but it crinkled between them and where the crossmember is. It was a bonehead move on my part why it happened but I suppose it was bound to happen at some point.:bang

I have never thought that the dom tubing is heavy enough. It works in roll cages cause it has lots of bends and braces to make short runners. In one long stick with that kind of force it is not strong enough. Mine are 2x4x1/4 box steel 72" long. They go frome the underneath center of axle to underneath the ext. cab doors where the fram is boxed. They are heavy though.LOL

Sorry about your truck Dan. I didnt even know it was yours at first. I thought "it sucks to be that guy" then jones told me it was you

Yeah, casey pulls mostly with FPP but comes to some NWPA pulls too.

I was hoping to see some of those guys come down , seen alot of vids of them from trailerpro

WesB

Na man missed it but there is a vid of it on utube , I was wanting to vid the 3.0 and mod only see them once or twice a year

Back