2.5 puller project

Well this project has came to a screeching holt.... might be buying a house, I'll keep this updated if anything happens one way or another

Sent from phone

So! Reviving this..

I have the auto out, clutch installed, rebuilt the dhd transfer case, rebuilt the 5th gear on the nv4500 got the clutch installed, hole cut in the floorboard, and the new pedals mounted, I'm hoping to have it moving itself before I leave for work again on Tuesday... but it's all coming along... slowly.. I'll get some pictures up later on

sent from the phone

If I recall the s464 needs a bushing to pass 2.5 tech. When I bought mine I was asked if I needed the bushing and its required for 2.5 tech?

So! Reviving this..

I have the auto out, clutch installed, rebuilt the dhd transfer case, rebuilt the 5th gear on the nv4500 got the clutch installed, hole cut in the floorboard, and the new pedals mounted, I'm hoping to have it moving itself before I leave for work again on Tuesday... but it's all coming along... slowly.. I'll get some pictures up later on

sent from the phone
You're doing better then me...I've been a year on mine and it's still just a frame with a cab on it sitting in the shop...but I'm going a lot deeper into the engine on mine so that's where all my money is going.

Lots of good info here though.

Get us some pics when you get time.

So! Reviving this..

sent from the phone

So I take it she wasn't pregnant?:hehe:

Haha no, def not! Lol

3aba4e6u.jpg

Clutch is in

6edusu2y.jpg

This hole has been cut out

egesypun.jpg

sent from the phone

ysuqeseh.jpg

5unebype.jpg

Swap the input from auto to manual

Also rebuilt the fifth gear in the 4500- but I forgot to take pictures, I took enough pictures of the t case to make a tutorial which I might do later on...

Next on the list is fixing the VERY bad rust situation on the driver side floor pan, can corner, rocker panel....

sent from the phone

The s464 comes out to 2.51 inches, and the tech plug is 2.55, so get tech before the pull! Lol

So all day yesterday was fixing rust, and I mean bad bad rust

mapyva3e.jpg

Like that on both driver and passenger so i got another cab for cheap, if anyone needs parts of it, and I took the floorboards and cab corners

gaja5era.jpg

se3a6umu.jpg

Tomorrow will be stabbing the manual in and the dhd, might take the bed off to swap rear ends, so I can get a rough measurement for the drive shaft length, I don't know if I'll be the ambitious though... but I'll keep this updated

sent from the phone

Well after a day of searching for parts for the plasma cutter, my buddy kinda messed it up, I should be able to stab the trans today

sent from the phone

upyqusap.jpg

Got the floor panel separated, the rocker panel off, and the cab corner for the driver side, once I get back from work, ill be cutting out the rust and putting this back in... and then all the body work to make it look good...

Another thing, I got the bed off today, and I'll be swapping the rear end once I get back too... will also be boxing the frame while the bed is off and building bump stops, and sled stops, doing the fuel system while the bed is off as well, gonna be busy two weeks once I get back, and still a lot more to do after that... Will keep this updated once I resume working on it

sent from the phone

What was wrong with the second cab?? Couldn't have found a complete cab for cheap??? ( in good enough shape to use??
Looks like you have been busy.. Keep us posted..

hes on a budget.... some of those pumps cost big money plus the cost of the front cover plus having someone put a spud on the vacuum pump if he cant do it himself.

I found that cab for $100 in a field... passenger side damage, and once I take it to a scrap yard it'll be almost free... the only other cab I could find was $600 in good shape no rust, and since I'm doing this all myself with the help of a good friend all I'll have into it is my free time, with the body work, until I paint/bondo it....

But! The fuel cell ideas and aeromotive pump have crossed my mind a few times.... not sure if I'll go that route yet, it's still a little ways down the road,

My next two weeks off will be spent finishing the body work and boxing the frame and suspension work after I swap the Dana 80 in, then my next two weeks off after that (two months away) will be the fuel system before I put the bed back on it.... it's coming along, slowly

sent from the phone

Back