lets see pics of traction bars

So where do you guys get your heim joints. I am looking for good ones but not too good to be more expensive than the entire truck.

Phil

You need to figure out which size joint you will be using. What size pipe? You need 2 lh threads & 2 rh threads.

Only need two LH and two RH if you go with a single tube. I like the ladar bar set up. I have all kinds of DOM tubing laying around here just need to fab it up.

Phil

antiwrap2.jpg

My idea is a little different and would add even more freedom of movement. Pics when I do it.

That's interesting...but won't the "crossmember" they're mounted to deflect too much under load ?

I made them and had them powdercoated. They are 1.925 DOM tubing. The Joints I bought from TSC and Lathed them down to fit inside of the tubing. They are simply a 3-point hitch from a agri tractor

ss traction bars

Here is a set of stainless steel bars i built for a buddy of mine. they have since been retired and replace by a solid ladder frame set up.

Attachments

• 100_0618.jpg
    100_0618.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 302
  • 100_0722.jpg
    100_0722.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 232
That's interesting...but won't the "crossmember" they're mounted to deflect too much under load ?

That's on a Blazer. Not a man-truck. A diesel prolly needs to have a beefier mount and needs two bars so you odn't twist a tube in the diff.

For the top end of my A frame bars I plan to use two heims. One male thread and one female and screw them together, one connected to the crossmember and one to the end of the A frame for a full range of forward/back/side to side/articulation motion.

i am trying to find a picture to upload of my 2001's traction bars they are made of square tube instead of being round....

Back