lets see pics of traction bars

Today it ocurred to me that an old leaf spring mount bolted to the side of the frame would make a handy link bar mount. Anyone else thought of this?

I have seen that done and have thought about that idea myself for the simplicity of it. No fab work, Just drill and bolt it to the frame. Shouldn't have a problem finding them at a salvage yard.

Are you planning on running the bars on the outside of the frame? Otherwise, it is a lot of material just for a mount.

Yes, outside the frame. Maybe even in the front like the Dick Cepek long arm bracket.

I have a chance to get a set of fabtech floating traction bars that are made for a super duty. Will these work on a 96' Dodge 2500???

:poke:You could of atleast cleaned them up before you posted (just kidding ) I like the C cut in the bars.

Dale

Thats clean enough! Im not into polishing underneath the truck. You see my dog hiding in the back ground?

Darn right. Ill be in your neck of the woods tonight. Gave the wifes gpa til tonight to live. Cancer is getting him everywhere. Im gettin ready to leave work and head that way. See what happens when you live in Marthasville? Something about that town thats contaminated!

Man thats bad news sorry to hear that what is his name I might know him.lot's of relation around Dutzow and Marthasville.
Shane and Matt just left to go St.Louis.
Dale

Man thats bad news sorry to hear that what is his name I might know him.lot's of relation around Dutzow and Marthasville.
Shane and Matt just left to go St.Louis.
Dale

Bungy or Bunge. Long e sound on the end. He builds lakes for a living. Stomach is full of cancer they said.

Yes I known him for years he built my brother inlaws lake.
I haven't seen him for a while he is a Big guy.Use to be a easy going
Dale

Yes I known him for years he built my brother inlaws lake.
I haven't seen him for a while he is a Big guy.Use to be a easy going
Dale

Yep thats him. Hes at big Johns in St. Louis. Ill call ya later on. I think we rerailed the s*** out of this thread.

I finally got my bars done. I wanted something short and stout, I think I have that. Best part is I do not have to take them off to put the truck on the lift, or do anything different for that matter.

P1220008.jpg

P1220011.jpg

P1220012.jpg

P1220017.jpg

the guy that made them does some pretty good fab work...he's done alot on my truck and will be helping me rebuild my bars

I finally got my bars done. I wanted something short and stout, I think I have that. Best part is I do not have to take them off to put the truck on the lift, or do anything different for that matter.

P1220008.jpg

P1220011.jpg

P1220012.jpg

P1220017.jpg

Looks good, nice work!

hey..could I get a picture of how you mounted those on your axle? im building my own set and trying to figure out my best way to mount to the rear

P1220008.jpg

P1220011.jpg

P1220012.jpg

P1220017.jpg

Back