Starting over

1arock

MY truck evidently cracked an injector tip one night coming home from work. Long story short, I am starting with a fresh machined block, bore, deck, line bore. My pump is a 92 VE with a M&H #3fuel pin, timing spacer and 3600 governor spring . Previously I had the pump timed up against the head. 5x12 injectors, HX35 turbo, 4 inch exhaust. The truck always ran great and did everything I needed from it. It is in a 68 Dodge power wagon that is my daily driver. It has a A518 auto trans with a Goerend tight converter. Wt 6700 lbs.It would embarass just about any stockish late model diesel pickup at a stop light already, now I'm looking to humiliate them
I am going to be buying pistons, and injectors. obviously timing and everything else is wide open. Give me a VE pumped hot rod engine recipe.

Sounds like you had one already if you were knocking the newer trucks around.

A 47RH with lockup conv would be worth more than 200 additional hp.

There you go again thinking what I'm thinking. Transmission is what needs started over.

Yes. Put the power to the ground efficiently. 47rh with a FMVB. Then I’d add a second turbo to clean up the new fuel supply to come.

But a hot VE engine, you have my attention.

Okay, I didn't come here to ask about upgrading my transmission, but I appreciate the advice. I want some advice on parts for a short block, pump timing ect.

Okay. The VE has limits. So go with the highest compression you can. 17-18 to 1. Other than that... I have no advise.

In all honesty, the stock bottom end components of a VE engine will hold all the power you can throw at it if you keep the same injection pump. Consider a cam shaft upgrade, but otherwise a stock rebuild will suffice with your list of upgrades.

Back