Any body daily drive there P7100 conversion?

i daily drive mine with a 13mm pump and mach7s. to tell you the truth the 13mm drives nicer than my quick rate 12mm pump did.

Espar eliminate the needs for the high idle 99% of the time.

Agreed Tate buddy, still like high idle when ever I want it. I'll chat with ya when I get home. I like leaving the truck running, at cold ambients.

Espar would have been a beautiful device this winter, have to order one in soon.

Thanks for the info RonA, hopefully I get to try out a set of those 7*13's one day. Would be super wicked to even approach the power level your running.:bow:

Last edited:
Mike-

We don't have anything in the way of an electronic high idle as far as I know.

Also scratch my post about the 6 hole nozzle, my brain was in 24 valve conversion mode and I just re-read this is a 12V re-power. I'm sure the guys at SDX can get you a set of injectors that will work for it. My concern was pump longevity with the 13's working too hard trying to push fuel through small nozzles in an effort to clean up smoke and pick up mileage.

FWIW, 13mm pumps can be DD without any issues...just takes a well-calibrated pump and obviously some fine-tuning by the end-user.

IMO your gonna sacrifice fuel mileage with a 13mm pump if your gonna DD the truck.

Whats your source on this?

My 13mm is one touchy pump, too much to daily drive at this point. Behind an auto, it might take some of that jerkiness away when unlocked, tough to say. For a daily driven truck, putting on 15k a month, trying to emulate Ron's truck wouldn't be my main goal. For a truck to play with in the summer months, absolutely. But having a 1000hp truck in the winter seems counter productive, its easy enough to spin the tires on the highway, couple that with a super sensitive throttle, might spend more time in the ditch than planned.

If i had to drive 15k per month I wouldn't have any mods at all. That's about 3 years worth of driving for me.

If i had to drive 15k per month I wouldn't have any mods at all. That's about 3 years worth of driving for me.

This is what I was getting at. CAN you DD a 13mm pump truck? Yeah. Is it going to be as dead reliable as you need a truck to be that sees 15k miles/mo? No

That's hard enough on a bone stock truck. For that kind of use, my only mods would be intake/exhaust and a built trans.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hah Ron that the easy way. The near stock 24VP engine can take it a 12V should just as well. My 24VP just needs a quick rebuild mainly due to useage, nothing serious. Pulling heavy trailers in mud you need all the power you can find.

Tate, planning on running ARB front/rear lockers. 99% of the time the locker will be unlocked. No fish tails unless you want to.:rockwoot:

Also most of my miles are on/off hiway, sometimes in the middle of a farmer field (muck pit). Spring is aweful mess, right around spring break-up.

Thanks guys, just ordering parts to get this truck turned around. Might just turn into a fun play work truck :Cheer: which is prefect after a long 16hr day on working in the snow/mud.

You don't need all the power you can get for mud. Need the right combination of traction and power to get around. To a point power is useless unless you can get traction. With an 800 hp truck in the mud your gonna have to worry about spinning and then getting traction all the sudden. Then you'll break something and really be stuck. The hp level your wanting to reach will make your truck useless as a dependable work truck.

You don't need all the power you can get for mud. Need the right combination of traction and power to get around. To a point power is useless unless you can get traction. With an 800 hp truck in the mud your gonna have to worry about spinning and then getting traction all the sudden. Then you'll break something and really be stuck. The hp level your wanting to reach will make your truck useless as a dependable work truck.

Hah, its more fun laying down the throttle and watching the mud spraying.:evil

Personally, i won't own another 12mm pump and with a stock cam they are reliable and daily drive fine. I want to put new rings and bearings in mine because I'm starting to get more blow by than I would like to see(at 90k miles). That has happened just in the last 2 dozen dyno runs. So brag about how long the cummins lasts all you want, but the truth is it doesn't take alot of moderate hp runs to start wearing them out.I'd back it down to 500-600 if I was going to put that many miles on it.

Don't know about you guys, but a 12V cummins has always been one my favorite diesel engine to build.

Nice easy design and the 12V are cheap for parts. For the most of the build you can just re-use the stock pieces. For the most part these older trucks are easy/cheaper to run daily (aka work) than any of the newer stuff. Best of all none of that electronics BS (that always fails at the worst time) to piss you off.LOL

True they are more reliable, cheaper to work on, to acquire, but I'm still not understanding why you want a 13mm daily driver work truck with mostly stock other parts. You want reliable and to drive 15k miles a month, but you want 1000hp to pull a trailer up a muddy hill WOT. Everything seem contradicting. Unrealistic if you will.

X2. 12v trucks are cheap and reliable. Throw that pump on there, and its neither cheap or reliable anymore. You know what a good 13mm pump goes for these days?

Me thinks you may be disregarding what a lot of very experienced folks are telling you just because you want a 13mm pump. The only person who has said it is possible (Seth) is one of the best pump builders around. Even he said it would take a lot of work.

I will ask my original question again. Do you need/want more power in a work truck than a maxed 215 pump can provide?

X2. 12v trucks are cheap and reliable. Throw that pump on there, and its neither cheap or reliable anymore. You know what a good 13mm pump goes for these days?

Me thinks you may be disregarding what a lot of very experienced folks are telling you just because you want a 13mm pump. The only person who has said it is possible (Seth) is one of the best pump builders around. Even he said it would take a lot of work.

I will ask my original question again. Do you need/want more power in a work truck than a maxed 215 pump can provide?

I have to omit I drive my accountant crazy, but sure beats driving a stock truck. The trick with the trailer is to get it muddy as possible and have all the tool dumped out. After that they stop asking you to haul stuff.LOL

Worst case you slam in a stock/near stock 12mm pump if the 13mm is too much and is too big. I've drove enough 180 and 215 pump trucks to know I need more.

A benched and well tuned 215 pump would be plenty. There are a ton of guys out there that are making very respectable dyno numbers with a well built and tuned 12mm pump plus the reliability is still there and the cost is fractional compared to a 13mm. There are 12mm pumps that'll flow 650cc's. If you really need more than 650cc's to put 15k on your truck in a month that seems a little extreme to me but I don't really know much about Bada$$ street trucks

If you don't mind the additional expense(2500 to 3000) a stock cammed 13 is a really nice setup. Cleaner power and way better throttle response. Makes it really easy to daily drive an 800hp truck, Twins and mach 7's will tow and still make 800 with the plate pulled all the way back. Be warned though, once you've had one, going back to a 12mm pump sucks. I put my 12mm pump in last winter for 2 months and it felt like i went back to a VE pump.

I have to omit I drive my accountant crazy, but sure beats driving a stock truck. The trick with the trailer is to get it muddy as possible and have all the tool dumped out. After that they stop asking you to haul stuff.LOL

Worst case you slam in a stock/near stock 12mm pump if the 13mm is too much and is too big. I've drove enough 180 and 215 pump trucks to know I need more.

try driving one with a benched and maxed out 215 pump. of course driving around a stock pump seems like you need more fuel, but with a maxed 215 pump you will have more fuel and power available for your over all goal of attempting to work but playing in the mud.

Back