Questions about Garmon's race

LOL Thanks Gary...Just busting Davids chops... LOL

Question...

I have a 66 secondary. If I merely removed the cold pipe and had the intake air coming directly into the seconday (bypassing the primary on the intake side), would that pass tech?

Thanks

I would like to know how tech on the turbo's and with the truck in general are going to work? I really want to run this event but fill like there will be questionable things going on with some trucks. It would be easy to put a little nitrous (hidden) on a truck and get by with it. Now before people start flamming me i'm just affraid it will happen. With this big of payout there will be all kinds of things going on! If you don't think so your not being real. That's why I like nitrous classes, you don't have to wonder. If you get beat you just didn't bring enough. Nobody has said anything about this, I just don't want a big blowup at the event. I really like the no nitrous rules, I just want to be on a level playing field. Jeff

Jeff, from what I understand the fellow that doe's turbo tech for the Scheid Extravaganza will be doing turbo tech. You know as well as I do that 100 cheaters in some sort of way are going to show and race..:lolly: It's our job to catch them and personally thatnk them for their DONATION to Super Stock Diesel. If you are caught cheating you will be asked to leave the premise's immediately. Or we could do it like ol Rich Christianson and just say so and so just ran WAY too fast! LOL We are going to do the best possible tech that we can do. There is a lot of money and some fame that will be associated with the winner of this race. And the sad truth is, somebody is going to cheat. Gary

LOL Thanks Gary...Just busting Davids chops... LOL

Question...

I have a 66 secondary. If I merely removed the cold pipe and had the intake air coming directly into the seconday (bypassing the primary on the intake side), would that pass tech?

Thanks

Ya got me Greg, I am NOT teching ANY turbo's!!!!!! LMAO Gary

x31
____

16,500 :confused:

Back to 3rd grade I suggest :poke:

Oh, I'm a Dumba$$ and I know it!! LOL

It was just my entry count that was off while I posted this...

The entry list is up to 33:

Auto Mechanic Shop
Beans Diesel Performance
Blacks Diesel Performance
B & B Tooling & Diesel Performance -(Bruce Block)
Bullseye Power
Carolina Diesel Performance
Diesel Performance Converters
Engineered Diesel
Garmons Diesel Performance
Genos Garage
Handwork Heating and Cooling
ISSPRO
JH Diesel
James O’neal Dodge
John Powell
Kirk Manual
Lazar Smith
Northeast Performance Diesel
Pro Street Diesel
Redline Diesel
Roger Smith
Scheid Diesel (Two Entries)
Southern Diesel Performance
Spruill Farms (Two Entries)
Suncoast (Three Entries)
Ts performance (Two Entries)
TRE Diesel - Tim Barber
Valair Clutch Valair Heavy Duty Performance Clutches

Last edited:
Question:

On the website for the event it says OEM restraint system must be used, on the next line it says must meet rules for speed... if we choose to use an actual restraint system (5-point?), does the OEM restraint still have to be used?

Stupid question... I know, I'd hate to remove OEM stuff to build cage then get f'd because I dont have it...

Will there be any consideration given to re-structuring the payout if it does not reach 100 paid entries? Winner take all is cool but it would be nice to see it spread out. Might be worth getting a consensus from the rest of the entries (since some are individuals and some are shops).

Payout

I would also like to see it spread out a little. It would help with fuel cost and travel. It's hard to take a chance on a win only for any money. That's kinda why I haven't sent my money in yet. Now I don't think there will be a 100 and with a winner take all it hurt's the odd's of getting anything. Jeff

I agree on the payout restructuring if we don't reach 100 entries, although I suppose there could always be some split negotiations amongst the last 2, 4, 8 or 16 competitors at the track! It happens in gasser drag races all the time when there is a "top heavy" purse. However, I think it would be better for turnout if we know that there is something in it for the other 15 qualifiers!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Of THOSE that have sent their money in, Why doesn't someone start a "Vote / Pole" Thread about how they'd like to see the money break down IF we don't get the full 100..?

NOT Saying Jeff or Gary will change anything, But at Least they'd know how the current PAID ENTRIES feel about it...

Not trying to shat on those that are still considering but I feel like those with their money in are the ones that have the right ( currently ) to say how they like to see it divided up......

no matter what i vote i have a way of screwing myself.that being said the rules were set out money has been sent in lets run it the way the way they said it was gonna be run. however if a mojority wants to restructure and Jeff and Gary want to change it ,i wont demand my money back either. whatever it take to make the race a success.

Back