Fianally Fired my truck...

Na we still havn't had time to put the bars, blocks, and weight brackets on yet. Had a little mishap with the valve train yesterday, but its all good. The truck is at the Kino Fab Shop now. Getting ready to go and start retorquing the head, then start on the suspension.

Kurt your up real early didn't do much partying last night Ha.

Well how did it do did you last night did you make a good show.The way the motor sound like it should run upstairs when the turbo lights.
Hope they had good lighting at the track so you could take vidios.
Dale

I drink enough during the week i got to let my bladder recover during the weekend. With that said i still didnt make it home until around 1:00am. I just didnt wanna go to church drunk again.:doh:

Na we still havn't had time to put the bars, blocks, and weight brackets on yet. Had a little mishap with the valve train yesterday, but its all good. The truck is at the Kino Fab Shop now. Getting ready to go and start retorquing the head, then start on the suspension.

Thats the smartest way to do it. Dont be like me throw some mud tires under it and go embarrase yourself.:hehe:

Sound and looks like everything is coming along just fine. If yall need anymore info me and dale will help yall the best we can. More dale then me i am never around any more But maybe dale will be sleeping on a friday when i return:blahblah1:

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Are you guy's going to build the weight braket in the bed that will be able to slide on some rails so you can adjust the weight fron to back.

Don't forget to replace the air in the front tires with helium soyou will be able to pull the front end higher off the ground:hehe::poke:

Dale

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Are you guy's going to build the weight braket in the bed that will be able to slide on some rails so you can adjust the weight fron to back.

Don't forget to replace the air in the front tires with helium soyou will be able to pull the front end higher off the ground:hehe::poke:

Dale

Dad blame Dale, dont be giving away all my secrets..... Well as of right now we are just trying to get something on it so I can hang most of my weight on the tail end.
Im just scared to death that my drive train wont hold.....:bang But I figure if I can hold every thing still I should be ok.

Any ways Im off to the shop.... Gotta go pull bragg outta bed.

Ill give yall a progress report as I can.

Fireman450

The drive train has over 250K miles on it, lol. I think its already tired lol.

Well, the hitch is almost done, brackets for the rearend and frame for the traction bars are done. All is left is to weld the brackets on, cut the bars to length and drilled, weld the spider gears together, and make the front and rear weight brackets. Oh and get monkey boy to finish wiring up the electric fans, lol. Hopefully we will have enough time friday to retorque the head again and to plug a couple boost leaks.

Isn't it crazy on the amount of time it takes for just to do some of the simplelest prodjects.

Dale

Isn't it crazy on the amount of time it takes for just to do some of the simplelest prodjects.

Dale

You aint wrong there ol buddy. Got a couple of braces to put on first thing in the morning then its off to the pull.
Yall wish me luck.

Fireman450

Give them hell firemen i hope u got vidoes up before i live for work tommorw at 3pm if not then i will have to cacth them next weekend

well guys here the first action shot. Im workn on a few videos. Sry for bein fuzzy. The ol gal hooked up right out of the hole and the track was so tight I loved it...:woohoo:. pulled a 278.30 my first run out in the 2.6 street class. Broke my throttle linkage the end of my second run in 2.8 superstreet. Managed a 268.75 there too I made some belevers out of alot of people:rockwoot:. I enjoyed the look on peoples faces when I told them I was 2wd....lol I did beat alot of 4wds and still managed to hold my own so Im thrilled with her first pull. Well got two more pulls next weekend. So far so good.

Fireman450

Attachments

• First run HArt co.jpg
    First run HArt co.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 74
Glad it hooked it is going to take awhile to get all the bugs worked out they will even take more notice when you start packing the front off the ground a few inches:woohoo:

Dale

Bringing the front tires off the ground is the key. The sooner the better. Mine come off the ground pretty much as soon as the charger lights. Thats what u want your truck to do. Like dale said u still have bugs in her. We are learning new things everyday about 2wd trucks. Its a new sport but i think we will have others joining for the fun of it also. Congrats on your great hooks last night. I still wanna see some danm vidoes before i leave lol. Looks like i will have to catch them next weekend

Back