650hp #2

Buck88

Simple Man
I posted this awhile back on TDR, just wanted to get some more opinions. My goal is like 650hp on fuel, and 850hp on the juice. I'm thinking of this...

PDR Ported, O-ringed head
12mm Studs
PDR Street cam or F1 Helix
II Dragon Fly pump 550cc
II Dragon Fly injectors
II Silver Bullet
Spearco Intercooler

oh and eventually a little gas:evil

Am I missing anything? Any other suggestions?

Havent people on here been struggling with their II pumps being as stout as they claim? I believe "Redstroke" Adam did with his. One other guy on here was quite fed up with his by the comments he was making. Talk to Adam about the Silver Bullet on the bottle......

I was going to put an external wastegate, like a turbonetics. What about the II pumps? I havent heard much about them at all. I'd like to stick with stock P&B's, can my 180 pump be turned up that high with the stockers?

oh, I forgot to mention, probably a water injection set-up as well.

carfichris said:
Havent people on here been struggling with their II pumps being as stout as they claim? I believe "Redstroke" Adam did with his. One other guy on here was quite fed up with his by the comments he was making. QUOTE]

This is news to me...

links?

Rick:what:

If you are just going to buy everything from I.I. then tell them your goals and they can probably get everything matched good enough street manners would still be ok. Where are you located?

Muddin_dude06 said:
If you are just going to buy everything from I.I. then tell them your goals and they can probably get everything matched good enough street manners would still be ok. Where are you located?

That was my train of thought with the injectors and pump. I figured their injectors probably would work best with their pump. I don't know. I'm down here in So. California.

Buck88 said:
I posted this awhile back on TDR, just wanted to get some more opinions. My goal is like 650hp on fuel, and 850hp on the juice. I'm thinking of this...

PDR Ported, O-ringed head
12mm Studs
PDR Street cam or F1 Helix
II Dragon Fly pump 550cc
II Dragon Fly injectors
II Silver Bullet
Spearco Intercooler

oh and eventually a little gas:evil

Am I missing anything? Any other suggestions?

My truck with a stock cam, 887(12mm) pump with nothing more than a bench tweak, stock DV's, holders and lines, Dragon Flows(already had them) Silver Bullet, PDR Intercooler, Snow Performance Stage 2 kit and a small N2O system(-4 line) gave me 650 on fuel+water and 850 with N20......there is definately more there.

Jim

i havent had good luck with II sticks!

I have a set here,DragonFlaws,that make better dust collectors than injectors for your motor.When my injector man checked them over and had to redo them,I decided that I would keep them around as a reminder of what not to do.They were new in the box when I bought them and never installed by their previous owner and when I installed them the truck never ran right and they cost me big on the jet.

There is also a local puller here in PA who bought a pump from them who had so much trouble with it he demanded his money refunded.He has found a reputable shop to do his work now and doesn't need any II hype for his truck anymore either.

My truck with a stock cam, 887(12mm) pump with nothing more than a bench tweak, stock DV's, holders and lines,

You know as I sit here tonite reading a book about Larry Csonka and Jim Kiick called "Always On The Run" they have a saying that fits you Jim.Whenever someone is full of bull**** they say "Get That hat".As many times as you say crap like that above your saying should be "I am wearing that hat".What a load of crap.

As for Buck.....
II:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Shameful part is no one ever posts their II failures without being lambasted,BUT,you certainly can find their cheerleaders all over the place.....Andy

Hammer said:
You know as I sit here tonite reading a book about Larry Csonka and Jim Kiick called "Always On The Run" they have a saying that fits you Jim.Whenever someone is full of bull**** they say "Get That hat".As many times as you say crap like that above your saying should be "I am wearing that hat".What a load of crap.

As for Buck.....

Shameful part is no one ever posts their II failures without being lambasted,BUT,you certainly can find their cheerleaders all over the place.....Andy

So you are saying all Jim Fulmer does is cheerlead for I.I.? If he has had good luck with their products and service then why shouldn't he express his good furtune?

I have had great luck dealing with Garrett at Pure Diesel Power, Dan at ValAir and Joe at Hellmann Performance, so should I not speak of my such good luck?

And as far as a truck making that type of power with basically a stock pump and big injectors that is no BS, I believe that fully! I ran some Columbus Diesel 5x.017's and I PROMISE you with a large charger I could have made some great power but it wasn't/isn't in my budget to do an upgrade so I sold them.

Garmon has trucks making over 600hp without the pump ever being removed, and there is a good guy done here close to me who could do the same...

If I misunderstood your post then I apologize... lol

I have had good luck with my

industrial flys, my valair inc clutch too and am damn proud of both products. And im sure Joe will take care of me as well when i take my ride over to him..

we all have opinions, thoughts and experiences, good and bad im sharing my positive ones here... and we all are doin the same. If II was such a bad company theyd be outta business by now.. IMHO, as is the case with any and all advertisers on here...

Rick

Hammer said:
I have a set here,DragonFlaws,that make better dust collectors than injectors for your motor.When my injector man checked them over and had to redo them,I decided that I would keep them around as a reminder of what not to do.They were new in the box when I bought them and never installed by their previous owner and when I installed them the truck never ran right and they cost me big on the jet.

There is also a local puller here in PA who bought a pump from them who had so much trouble with it he demanded his money refunded.He has found a reputable shop to do his work now and doesn't need any II hype for his truck anymore either.

As for Buck.....

:what: How does this make me a cheerleader? Asking about their parts? Trying to find out if I'm on the right track for the numbers I want? Why don't you be helpful and offer some decent insight? Why are the dragon flows inferior? What problems did the guy have with his pump?

The only reason that I wanted the II pump is because its a few hundred dollars more than I'd pay for a new 215 pump, without the tuning, Right? The only reason I would go with the Dragon Fly's, like I said before is to work in unison with the pump. Or is this not the correct logic? Or would I be better off getting a 215 pump, having it tuned, and going with some DDP 4's?

I was running a II turbo and loved it! I have no problem with II what so ever, but I've seen 4 Sets of sticks , All in a 24v, One owner and it never made any decent power until we went with another set of sticks... All i can figure is they were over fueling or not atomizing!

Nothing against them, i just think theres better choices on sticks!

850 with spray on Jim's combo is not unbelievable at all.. I know of a truck with a STOCK 215 pump that has never been off the truck that has put down 1000RWHP with a lot of N20!

Yeah i dont think thats bogus nither my little ol vp layed out 790hp.....Some people just dont understand how these p pumps work and others do...

Last edited:
I can't really say I'm a cheerleader but some say I am....no biggie everyone has opinons and I know that I'm not right all the time.

If you want to use them then do so, if not then don't, doesn't really matter to me.

The chances of you ever seeing my in the HP arena again are very slim........priorities.

Jim

I'm not saying by any means, it cant be or wont be done or that II has a bad product, I'm saying, we ran 4 seperate sets from II in a 24v and just didnt like the results, I'm not sure what the problem with the injector was, Seemed like it just dumped tons of fuel and even under boost smoked like crazy (no boost leaks or other problems)! Put another set in and the truck ran like a champ! Who knows

Smokem said:
The only reason to bench a 215hp pump would be to balance the fuel rate, that is why they are so popular.

huh. Wonder if thats all industrial does to the dragon fly. That is if they use a 215hp pump to start with.

Some people just don't understand how these p pumps work and others do...

I guess then thats why you call Jetpilot all the time for tuning tips,right?
ANYONE can make power with spray there is no science to that so your 790,while a fine number in its own right,can be made by anyone.Its just a case of who wants to push the envelope that hard to knock you off the high horse your touting.

Muddin_Dude...
Nope,you did misunderstand what I typed.I never said Fulmer was cheerleading for II and I am not sure how you got that one.

Buck...
My jest at you was in fun and meant to show or say there is alot more out there than II.Its your wallet and your dollar,spend it where you want and good luck.

Bobcat....
Here reread this for yourself......
My truck with a stock cam, 887(12mm) pump with nothing more than a bench tweak, stock DV's, holders and lines,
I may be bad at math but knowing what it takes to make 650 means more fuel than a "stock" 215 pump can deliver.However,knowing Fulmer and his definition of ''stock and bench tweaks" and that his definition of water meth means little or no water and all methanol,it might be possible,but,I doubt it.IF power can be made like that from a stock pump,like he claims,then what next,you going to tell me he knows more than Schieds,Haisley,Pensacola,Garmon and Columbus Diesel shops which specialize in custom pumps?.Think of it this way too,if Jim made 650 from his stock pump,what do you think he could have made with the 1000cc Columbus Diesel pump which Jetpilot sold to a member of this board for his pulling truck.All I am saying,is the numbers do not add up.

The chances of you ever seeing my in the HP arena again are very slim........priorities.

Jim..
I am guessing you are directly aiming that at me and frankly I could care less.The thing that gets me is you never look at your posts as new owner and new tuner.You just spew your crap and then they believe it and think they too can spend little to net numbers like you post.I do understand you dyno alot and spend hours tuning but I wonder why instead of sharing something useful you post just enough to allow other to think hp like yours is easy to attain.Your vast wealth of knowledge on 12v's could help many if you ever thought of posting what it really took you to attain some goals.

For the rest of the II Cheerleaders....
I ask this question......
Since we all know that no business is perfect,have you ever wondered why you never hear of II issues or problems?.Or do you feel they are just that damn good and are perfect that mistakes never happen at all?.No one is that good and no one is perfect,so then its leaves you to figure out why you never see a II post about problems or issues.Happy Huntin.......Andy

Back