highest hp cr on fuel?

lmills said:
Oh I see, since I have not made 900, I do not know what I am talking about. My fault, I will let the big boys like you figure this out.

Now, think about what you just said.

This Is why I have been on here since May 2006 and do not post anything because people get all tore up.Mills, never have I said anything bad about you or said you do not know what your talking about ,you have a bad ass truck, no questions,my question was for the post of 930 HP on injectors and TST level 3,it was just a simple question if you do not agree fine.Let the man with truck answer.It is really no big deal just a simple question.It is not about what your truck made on level 3 it was about 900+ seems a little high on level 3 and injectors.

Last edited:
Just an innocent question from a wet behind the ears type: Does water even make HP? Doesn't it just help cool things down so you can run more fuel?

I know that a water/meth. combo adds HP, but I thought that was because of the meth. not the water.

MCNDiesel said:
:blahblah1:

What do you think ??

Me...Oh, I don't know...but I do know that if in one sentence I say:

MCNDiesel said:
If the tuning and injectors are right
it does pay to hold it open longer more fuel = more HP....

And in the next I say:
MCNDiesel said:
....now a big honed out 5 hole nozzle you can see down the street with ,and tons of pulse width does not.

That maybe I should re-read what I just typed??

Whoda thunk it?
Chris

SEOHPowerstroke said:
Just an innocent question from a wet behind the ears type: Does water even make HP? Doesn't it just help cool things down so you can run more fuel?

I know that a water/meth. combo adds HP, but I thought that was because of the meth. not the water.

Yeah adding water just cools the EGT's so you could run more fuel.

John P has a twinset that is normally a 700hp setup but because he has a HUGE water inj. system he has layed out a little over 800hp on #2 only. Atleast thats my $.02

Signature600 said:
Me...Oh, I don't know...but I do know that if in one sentence I say:

And in the next I say:

That maybe I should re-read what I just typed??

Whoda thunk it?
Chris
I think you need to re-read it yourself. He's saying when tuning and the injectors are right more fuel=more hp now on the other hand he was saying huge fire-hose injectors with no tuning will not....comprendo :what: ? Makes sense to me, but what do I know.

SledPuller21 said:
I think you need to re-read it yourself. He's saying when tuning and the injectors are right more fuel=more hp now on the other hand he was saying huge fire-hose injectors with no tuning will not....comprendo :what: ? Makes sense to me, but what do I know.

That is what I was saying maybe he just can't understand.

Whoda thunk it?

Muddin_dude06 said:
Yeah adding water just cools the EGT's so you could run more fuel.

John P has a twinset that is normally a 700hp setup but because he has a HUGE water inj. system he has layed out a little over 800hp on #2 only. Atleast thats my $.02

So if your annalysis is correct, then why does it matter if you run water on the dyno, if it doesn't directly make HP only indirectly. I'm sure that if you run a motor up to 1800+ degrees for just a short dyno run it wouldn't hurt would it? I've always thought it would take high temps for an extended amount of time to harm an engine. But maybe I'm wrong.

So what I'm trying to say is that if a truck can make a certain amount of HP with water on a dyno it could also make the same amount without it. It would just have less than acceptable EGT's. So is water really considered an additive? Doesn't it server the same purpose as an air to water intercooler, or something to that effect?

Just wondering, not trying to ruffle any feathers.

dang mork.... I don't read up on dtr for a couple of months and you go and lay 1000 horse on us.... Jyst when i wanted to ask the mods over there for a rematch for april truck of the month...

MCNDiesel said:
This Is why I have been on here since May 2006 and do not post anything because people get all tore up.Mills, never have I said anything bad about you or said you do not know what your talking about ,you have a bad ass truck, no questions,my question was for the post of 930 HP on injectors and TST level 3,it was just a simple question if you do not agree fine.Let the man with truck answer.It is really no big deal just a simple question.It is not about what your truck made on level 3 it was about 900+ seems a little high on level 3 and injectors.
Do not try to take it out of text and think that I am saying you are 100% incorrect. He said level three made the 930HP in his application. With that stated, would you not have to agree that the injectors were probably BIG to say the least??? Then in the next sentence you say that "big" injectors will not benefit from hanging them open. All I am saying is to think about it. You said it yourself, big injectors do not always like lots of duration and pulse width.

No stacking of any tuner with the TST on 3 or higher 930hp on a dynojet 248HW. TST off made bout 515 to 520hp. COMP 200 INJECTORS AT 40 lpm. Suprisingly small air flow but they CC on the test stand like 5 by 20 edm. Due to the smoothness of the sprayhole.

Seohpowerstroke, if a chemical adds or allows the addition of more power it's a power adder.... There's nothing wrong with a power adder.. I have a small bottle from time to time myself..

I run the same injectors as Lenny in my daily driver. I've had good luck with them even with my almost constant city driving..

SCHOOL BUS said:
dang mork.... I don't read up on dtr for a couple of months and you go and lay 1000 horse on us.... Jyst when i wanted to ask the mods over there for a rematch for april truck of the month...

LOL,, Yeah its tough to keep up,, a little easier this year, money is a little tighter this year,, lol.... But I still think that I can put her over the 1100 mark here coming up in march

Kevin

SledPuller21 said:

First off, I have a 12v...so I know all about firehose injectors and more fuel=more hp...only at the expense of smoke and high EGT's due to an incomplete burn. You CR's have all the control we can only wish we had;);)

But in one statement he says that with big injectors and the right tuning, more duration is fine...but in the next, big injectors + more duration = fogging the street.

And those firehose injectors can be a bit much for fuel only runs, but on the gas, they can be perfectly designed to run clean...how does this fit in that equation?

But why does it even matter...doesn't affect me!
Chris

Luken said:
TopFueler,

Is it true you get your injector work done by JL Machining? I've heard this from several people but I've also thought I've read where you did it "in house." Just curious... :)

i heard that too..so does that mean II doesnt even do their own nozzle work?

You may be suprised to know the amount low key guys that supply big injectors and pumps to big name shops.

How big of a charger would it take to crack 1000rwhp? I see that quite a few guys are running the S480 on bottom, is it capable of enough air or would it take something bigger? I didnt know how hard they are pushing those S480's and whats bigger that would work well in a diesel. If a 64/80 is going 850+ on a nitrous truck wouldnt a 66/88 crack 1,000 on #2 and be pretty useable?

Just wondering, I know fuel and tuning are major but didnt know how much air it would take.

BTW im not smashing on lmills truck at all, i love that fact its used for so much just wondering about how it was tuned for his #2 run. Was it all it had or was it pretty much a nitrous setup meaning that it has a bit left on #2.

Back