New Wheels??

If you decide on the diesels, do them without the cheesy simulated bead lock..They make you nice expensive 20's look like 18's...Just my $.02

Kumho is making a 38 on 24"...I think 40's on a 24 ( no one makes them, yet) would be mint. Many don't like the big wheels, but I do, plus less sidewall contributes to better handling.

Last edited:
I've got pics of my Ford with 38" Toyo's on 20x11 MK wheels beside a friends Duramax with 37" Kumho's on 22's...I'll email them if someone can post them...They're small pics. Only 200k each. It says the limit is 117k. WTF, thats small

Last edited:
I love the Moto Metal 951's in black, but that's just because I have them on my truck LOL.

I really like the Diesels & the Helos. Just my 2 pennies. Good luck.

I don't think it'll matter what wheels you put on that truck it's still going to look sick!!!!:rockwoot:

Ben

Like I said I don't think it matters. All your choices look good!!

Just make sure we get pics!!!

Ben

Oh, don't worry.....I'll post up pics....lots of pics LOL LOL

All I know, is whatever I pick will be a wheel that doesn't come in black and then I'll have it powdercoated mirror black. Hopefully making it one of a kind..... :rockwoot:

Since I've never seen a truck quite like yours anywhere I'd say just about everything on it is one of a kind!!!LOL LOL

Can't wait for the pics...:woohoo:

Ben

Ben,

I try man. Hard to make it really stand out from the rest of all the lifted SDs out there....but I think I've been doing okay at it.. LOL :rockwoot:
I'm told I'm cocky for saying that I have one of the baddest SDs around....but it's the truth.. LOL :evil LOL LOL LOL

If my truck could pull these off I would but they would look awesome on your truck I think, and they are not overly used at this time
they might have a huge following later though.....
thumb-25-336-kmc_wheels_rockstar_xd.jpg

damn....these are sweet:rockwoot: :ylsuper:

DCSpecial said:
Here you go....black 20" Diesels with 38" Toyo Open Country M/Ts:
http://trucktoyzperformance.com/gallery/browser.php?imageid=3959&eventid=20

I'm not going with a larger wheel than a 20. And as much as I'd like 40s...some law enforcement officials don't like the current height of my truck on 38s. Sooooooo, 40s aren't an option.

i liked that truck A LOT better with the old wheels. id say do it to either cheyennes, or maxx8s (not black max). unless you want one thats black already then IMHO the only choice is rockstars ala denny.

if the chrome on mine ever flakes im re chroming the lip and doing the spokes in the same black youre talking about.:evil

The black Rockstars are nice. Denny aka DrSpeed has them on his truck....which is the same color as my truck...and Brad's (CH)

17017.jpg

Brad,
Yeah....those blacked out Diesels just don't go with that sonic blue truck. It had the chrome Rockstars before....and I liked it better before that when it had the American Racing Mojave wheels..

Figure I'm going to wait till I need new tires and then go from there. Some custom body work to run 40s on 20s with my current lift would be nice. But those 40s are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
:D

LOL

i dont like the rockstars. i see them way too much out here in so cal. i personally like a wheel with some lip to it. but either way you go, you have one bad a** truck!

Garrett

Garrett,

Thanks for the compliment on the truck :D

Whatever I change to will most likely be a Weld wheel (assuming they are still made the same as they are now). Not sure what model, what size, or when... LOL

I had WELD EVO Velocity- 8's on my GM HD that were 20 X 10's looked awesome. I put my trucks through alot w/ my job that requires me to drive down some pretty gnarly roads on a regular basis. All 4 wheels began flaking chrome in about 8 mos. on mos 13 both front wheels began cracking at the base of each spoke half way around the hubs, I have no clue except maybe factory defect as to what caused this they are under warranty but they were pricks when I contacted them about it. The wheels have been sent in hopefully they will be replaced. I will prolly still buy Weld since I do like them and that is my first warranty out of 3 sets.But not 20" anymore I think in my case that a 17" or 18" might be more durable. I will prolly go w/ stone crushers this time still deciding.

my .02

dan i got the motometal 20x10's i know they arent on 38's but i believe marty has some pics of the moto's on bigger tires..on second thought...get with me in PM i have a couple pics of either 20's and 35 or 37's i dont remember off hand..

I've seen moto metals with 40" Toyos.....and I can get those wheels CHEEEEAAAAPPP from a buddy of mine that has a shop up here :D.

Back