'93 CTD With GD 60mm Turbo Upgrade

Git a new oil feed line and a rebuild kit for the turbo, this time with a hd thrust plate. Im also going to ream the oil feed hole through the thrust plate bigger. Hopefully the extra oil volume will help.

After reaming the hole a little larger on the thrust plate I have no sign of wear or any issues after rebuilding the turbo 500 miles!!

I'd put a mechanical oil gauge on the truck and see what's happening

start the truck with the oil feed line off. obviously don't run it very long at all! The amount of oil coming out of the disconnected feed line should make you want to shut the engine off immediately anyhow

It really seems like an oiling issue

I checked the supply line and it seemed to supply a lot of oil so much in fact I did have to turn the motor off. Could something be wrong with my oil bypass valve at the oil filter?

Anyone know if these filter bases have thermal compensation valves?

Post pictures of the dead parts for us.

A rose by any other name.

Some "relief" valves are opened by filter restriction and some by temp/viscosity. They are located at different points in the system depending on their intended function.

Im so mad i could drive my truck off a cliff! Im now on turbo # 7 all in less than 10k miles. I have exhausted all possible issues. I have replaced and done everything right, good draining, good pressure, new exhaust new intake filter. Quality oil... WTF??? Anybody?

I can not wait to get my new engine completed. Im tired of this one leaking, blowing by, and eating turbos. Lets say these turbo failures are due to oil contamination, would a ball bearing turbo solve this issue?

No, it's still a bearing, bad oil will eat it up too. Is the thrust the bearing that keeps going out? Did you replace the drain line for the turbo and what size is it? What size is the feed line and did it get replaced?

Back