PPE stage 5 tranny vs. Sun Coast stage 5

DmaxKing

-Chad
what do you guys think? I'm about to purchase one of the two; tranny is bound to go out any day now. :doh:

I can't speak for the ppe trans but we have a stage 5 suncoast that has been in the sled pulling truck for around 5 years now and no trouble at all. We stay on top of fluid changes. We even changed converters once to get a different stall but still the orginal trans we got back then.

for what year, how many miles on it now?

07.5 LMM and it has almost 14,000 miles on it i know it doesnt seem like much but i dont drive the truck often only to the track and to the pulls and i try to participate in most of them around my area. i do have the trans go shift kit but i can feel it slippin still. its odd cause i have a dsp5 switch and if i put my truck on a less hp tune sometimes it feels like it pulls harder which im guessing my stock tranny cant handle my big tunes.

WOW WOW... Wait!!! you need to go see Mike L. in Fullerton... he is the best Allison in the country please give him a call before you do anything... 714 870 7300

WOW WOW... Wait!!! you need to go see Mike L. in Fullerton... he is the best Allison in the country please give him a call before you do anything... 714 870 7300

haha im leaning towards him i hear sooo many good things about him and the allison tranny!

Mike L uses PPE clutch kits and converters just FYI

Better check your facts.

Don't need to, the shop I work at buys exactly the same parts he uses, which are PPE (Red Eagle Alto clutches and Transgo)

HAHA garrentee he doesnt buy them from PPE..

between alto and raybesto make 90% of the frictions and steels out there..

they custom spec build clutched for different companys

BTW PPE stuf is/was suncoast kit with ATS convertor.

BTW swing by mike l shop.. talk to him.. i droped my truck off wensday night at COB by 11am thursday it was sitting waiting for me to come pick it up

Back