PPE stage 5 tranny vs. Sun Coast stage 5

Mike L. just uses off the shelf parts as does most everyone else. There is no magic that some want to believe. Alto clutches are Alto clutches unless you have them custom make something for you like Suncoast does. Mike L. does not have them make anything custom, so he can buy them from any Alto distributor just like you can. PPE has used ATS, Suncoast and Precision converters so it's hard to say what might be in any one kit of there's. The ML Precision converter is just Precisions off the shelf triple plate that they have been selling for long before Mike started to sell them.

Take your time and build it using the right parts for the application and you can build one just as good as anyone else can.

Mike L. just uses off the shelf parts as does most everyone else. There is no magic that some want to believe. Alto clutches are Alto clutches unless you have them custom make something for you like Suncoast does. Mike L. does not have them make anything custom, so he can buy them from any Alto distributor just like you can. PPE has used ATS, Suncoast and Precision converters so it's hard to say what might be in any one kit of there's. The ML Precision converter is just Precisions off the shelf triple plate that they have been selling for long before Mike started to sell them.

Take your time and build it using the right parts for the application and you can build one just as good as anyone else can.

You should not take transmission advice from this guy

All the kits probably have the same clutches and steels, and their converters aren't ATS, they're Precision

"is/was"

is the opertune word here.
before precision it was either ATS or suncoast. in which PPE ran ATS convertors mainly the 5 Star convertor
TTS wasnt even realy consideder at the time for tranny parts
DTT and BD tried to get in and fail misserably

You should not take transmission advice from this guy

Why? Do you know different facts from what has been stated? Diesel Tech just threw down some facts that 99% of the consumers dont realize. Very true statement Diesel Tech, let the facts be known:Cheer:

Why? Do you know different facts from what has been stated? Diesel Tech just threw down some facts that 99% of the consumers dont realize. Very true statement Diesel Tech, let the facts be known:Cheer:

I dont think he knows who Diesel tech is.

I know if it was a ats converter buy 3 extra ones!

Suncoast has the best converter ive seen for the dmax trucks

there all the same.... all you need to build an auto tranny is patience, a clean work area, a few special tools and a press....

you can build a "built auto" for alot less then you think....

perfect example, my buddy just got a 48RE with a billet input built by a local guy for about $1100..... used off the shelf clutchs, steels, bought the servo's bands and pistons... $600 for the billet input..... then spent $1300 on a BD triple torque converter (which in canada is probably a TCS converter)

and the thing stands up and shifts great....

you'd be amazed what a good valvebody build, new clutchs and a few billet internal parts can do for amazing cheap compared to a $7000 dollar "race tranny"

you can build a bullet proof th400, 700r4,C4, C6, 727 for like what... 1500-2000 ?????

stick "diesel" anywhere near that and it jumps to 10 grand.... yet the internals don't change, i know for a fact on a 727 (47rh/re, 48re) other then using thinner steels to jam an extra clutch or 2 in there, new bands, billet anchors and a good valvebody build.... BD doesn't really throw "magic" into a tranny.... as i'm sure nobody else does either..... i'd say it's 99% in the valve body.

yes i am a victim of said scam... jumped the gun and bought this BD wonder of technology.... which i have to pull soon for a pump seal and a billet input...

perfect example: 47RH Transmission Tech - Budget Build Up - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Last edited:
Back