Charge Pipe Turbo to Turbo 4", 3.5", 3"

Kronic_187

Mekanical injection junky
Alrightly lets get started...

Ive put my twins together for around $1300 so far, they started as a HE351 over an HT60.... HT60 went boom and i picked up an S475 locally for $500 that fit right in its spot.

Now, all my piping is done except from the S400 to the HE351.... i ghetto fabbed up a hoaky boot an pipe setup just to take it for a spin to see how it goes and have blown up a few boots....

Now, lookin @ pictures of various kits it seems to me that most of the turbo-turbo CAC pipes are either 3" or 3.5"

I have a 90* elbow from the HT60 setup that clamps onto the S400... theoritcally enabling me to go 4" from turbo to turbo with a 180* bent pipe...

is there any reason why i SHOULDN'T use 4" ??

Ideas, thoughts suggestions ?

ill post up a few pics here in a couple mins

and NO, im not paying $400 for the source auto CAC pipe... thats B.S

[ame="http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn248/hodragon/"]Pictures by hodragon - Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
^^ well i can get a 3" 180* locally for like $40, so that makes me kinda happy... then its finding a v-band and another 45* i guess

Ease of install IMO would be better with the flange you have already have is 4 inch so roll with it and the inlet of your top charger is also 4 inch.

Pretty much use whatever you want. 3" is plenty for most, MINUTE difference in spool time due to less volume....4" looks better to most people.

I have done both, depends on the application as to what I use.
Chris

well, i could run with what i got.... but finding a 4" 180* locally is next to impossible....

no matter what i gotta use a couple boots

3" will keep the velocitys higher with less turbulence. Should support around 1500CFM before you need to step it up.

well, i could run with what i got.... but finding a 4" 180* locally is next to impossible....

no matter what i gotta use a couple boots

Finding a 180 on a tight enough bend radius is what's gonna be impossible. Like mentioned already, 2 90° pipes and weld. I used 90° 3.5" on a 3.5" clr. Had to cut the pipes right at the tangent line to get the 180° bend I was wanting.

Sent from Razr Maxx

I used 3.5" ordered it from Columbia river mandrel bending online. Also Racepartsolutions.com had mandrel bends for a good price.
ataqupuh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone, high up in a tree.

My Scheid kit was four inch. Just call them and buy the pipe or pieces. Their 180* bend was similar to the cut of some turn out stacks welded together.

Columbia River had good quality pipe at a good price. I also use their 3.5" u-bend and it's perfect. I think I would try two 4" 90* pieces and weld together.

2nd columbia river that is where I got the piping as well. Adam is good people.

Last edited:
Back