"wake up shunshine"

I'm gonna go with turbo in a bottle on this one, to be realistic. It could get enough oxygen in there on a few kits. Short lived, but feasible.

On a separate note Arch. I'd pay a 3rd party to flow the head you got from Jody, if you got one, and give you an objective opinion rather than a sales pitch.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I'm gonna go with turbo in a bottle on this one, to be realistic. It could get enough oxygen in there on a few kits. Short lived, but feasible.

On a separate note Arch. I'd pay a 3rd party to flow the head you got from Jody, if you got one, and give you an objective opinion rather than a sales pitch.

Very good suggestion Sir and I thank you. Thing is, I am not going to use any of these aluminum heads I have until lots more $$ are put into them. I have more secrets to share on what I have learned. We are just tipping the iceberg on this piston speed question.

Additionally, I am resting off some pain so you all will probably have to put up with another long night of craziness. lol

I'm all for new ideas, far beyond my realm of knowledge, I get to learn! Never make any breakthroughs if you don't try. Just be a detailed as possible please, cause a lot of this is over my head!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Gonna quote ya here J-Pipes,
Could keep the inline 6, maybe just do a new, single or dual overhead cam cylinder head?

I like your modesty. lol

If it were not for the cartoonish hand drawing I made , I'd post a pic of one baaadddd aaaaa$$$$$ all aluminum LSM blocked, BMW headed, cummins.

Everything working off a common cogged belt. Unlimited pumping choices, dry sump, yea I heard ya back then. lol

Took me a while to find it. It's guys like you I need to protect myself from. lol

...and you bring up an interesting point I think my wife is trying to make with me. Even the Clessie Cummins book may not be as great a read as I'm thinking for some folks??

To put it simply, if I look at a cardboard box, I see the material used, the geometric shape, what glue was used or is it just stapled, they work great for laying out a fuel tank, etc...

She sees a cardboard box. lol

Maybe I am speaking at a level that the folks I want to help can't understand?? I love the honest, well studied criticism. Believe it or not, we are building the "Transformer Shop Truck" engine as we are speaking.

And for the fellas standing in the back that have educated me, I will not spill it here unless I see it published elsewhere.

Computer and internet has been fussy all day. Worst we have ever had it.

Gonna quote ya here J-Pipes,

I like your modesty. lol

If it were not for the cartoonish hand drawing I made , I'd post a pic of one baaadddd aaaaa$$$$$ all aluminum LSM blocked, BMW headed, cummins.

Everything working off a common cogged belt. Unlimited pumping choices, dry sump, yea I heard ya back then. lol

Took me a while to find it. It's guys like you I need to protect myself from. lol

Hahaha, that cylinder head thought goes back over 15 yrs! I've always had a love for inline 6cyl engines, goes back to a local N/A Oliver 88 pulling tractor. Had that thought when Jeep dropped the 4.0, I was just getting into reading a lot of car/truck magazines, and I still don't understand why not modernize these bulletproof platforms with cutting edge top ends? From my understanding the bottom end does not make power, the top end does, bottom end just lets it live.

First off to come on here with a tribute to a fella and not give any back ground left everyone out at the beginning but just a select few.

The last time I talked to Lorin Primm (sp?), I believe, was when he smoked our last side of bacon we ever got from him.

Lorin to me as I seen him was a dying breed. He was what you might call "The Last Boyscout" of pipeline inspectors. He had worked hard to move his way up in the Equitable Gas Union and his knowledge to me was priceless.

I was pretty green to pipelining at the time and had a big 'ol dose of I'm a college grad going on. Hey, I had nailed the lifetime job. Regardless, I knew to Respect "Primmy" as I came to call him.

His honesty and the moral compass he left me with are priceless. Lorin taught me how to "CYA" Cover your a$$ for those not knowing.

We also connected with our military service, Lorin was a CB and I was a member of the 119th Engineers.

"If you think a fella is stupid, you know sometimes that fella wants you to think that way." stuff like this might come to mind as I learned his perspective and listened to stories of days gone by.

I don't think I had worked there a year and I was evicted from my office along with two other working colleagues. All of the job files were in our office. One of the Technical fieldmen who had only a few years there was on the take. Lorin told me he knew what was coming, this technical fieldman (the capacity I was hired at) was his boss. I guess nothing was found in the files to prove criminal activity because somehow, someway, the contractor continued doing jobs for Equitable. The technical fieldman, however, immediately lost his job.

I tell ya, I've heard crazy stories and been around the world a few times during my early life career as a glorified pipeline inspector. I can honestly say the jobs that were under my control will not fail as long as DOTPart192 keeps us in check. I heard Bub Smith "Carl Smith Pipeline" tell my boss they had hired a keeper in me. What a nice compliment from a real piece of work. lol All I can say is Lorin reminded me of what my dad had taught me all along.

A quote from the last real boss I had, "I don't care how big that pecker is, ...you go ahead and suck it, you will always be a Cock Sucker."

Lorin always found a way to brighten up the day.

The tribute to Lorin was to hopefully shake the leaves on the compD tree and start bearing some fruit.

So "Brighten Up" CompD

After reading all of this, I'm both intruiged and confused at the same time...What is the end goal here?

I am only going to build one engine for UCC/ whatever else I want to do with the shop truck.

It really isn't my theory, I just took notice of it and would like to give this theory some justification. Sleeved 6.7 block with ?? bore, ??stroke, I want to turn this thing harder than any cummins may have been turned before. I have a water 'Warhead', a big ass turbo, some nitrous experience, and I am learning quit a bit right now. Any money spent on an engine after this one will be money spent on my own design.

I am also not having any luck selling anything I have. I guarantee the better you know me, as a person, the more willing you are going to be to give me your card number. This is a very good way to show folks I am a man of my word.

European prostock tractors run 510ci and 6-7000rpm down the track.

Could you provide us with some info on how the cubes are being made?

I had a very smart young fella make me realize that just because someone says there is magic in the 4.125 bore, did I truly believe this someone is running this bore?? He backed it up by saying why does this certain Pro Stock tractor class have a 600 cu.in. limit. So yes, again finally listening to some smart folks, it is being done all around us. lol

I am gonna shoot from the hip with some of these numbers so keep me in line.

I am trying to explain the theory in a way maybe more will understand.

I started realizing something was wrong with what was the norm when I seen HP/TQ numbers from a diesel engine dyno where the TQ numbers would rival a Top Fuel Engine from a decade or so ago. ...yet the best couldn't get them even as fast as a Top Alcohol Funny Car.

I mentioned somewhere earlier about mass in motion or accelerated mass. You know if I take a wooden baseball bat and smack an energy gauge for a reading... I get a basis.

Physics tells me I can take a bat that has less mass, just so long as it has more velocity when it hits, the lighter bat will give me the same energy reading.

Now on the other side, lets look at what is swinging the bat??

...big 'ol heavy wooden bat (definitely not me anymore), but we can all agree its gonna take a hefty fella to get that mass moving. Start thinking stout block, big 'ol heavy crank... lets just say its a cummins. lol

The lighter bat could be swung by my wife. lol she ain't no slouch. lol

That's about as simple as I can lay it out there. Keep in mind that hefty fella is going to have work boots on, heavy FR, lol

The wife, she could do it in her pharmacy jacket and flip flops.

Edit: You all be good now. She sees my post on here.

Back on the topic of engines... What you propose would work well, that's also feasible, may very well be a shortened stroke, larger bore, light weight rotating assembly Cummins? Without building a dream non-oe project.

Back on the topic of engines... What you propose would work well, that's also feasible, may very well be a shortened stroke, larger bore, light weight rotating assembly Cummins? Without building a dream non-oe project.

Exactly. I can start now with at least a couple of the parts that I have. lol

Back to the bat swinging and its relation to drag racing.

Todays best Top Alcohol Dragster engine, I am guessing here, makes in the neighborhood of 4000HP/ and I wouldn't know about the torque.

Again guessing, the diesel world has been to at least 2800HP/ possibly 4,000 lb-ft of torque??

Anyhow, from an engineering standpoint, work is work, no matter how you calculate it. When you look at it from a physics standpoint, things start getting complicated, yet ultimately in the end the same work gets done.

I see the TQ HP numbers being there to get the work done. ...so why then are our best diesels not running those alcohol numbers?? Not even close???

Back