01 Excursion Fummins Trans choices

I am interested in putting a 6.7 in my Excursion with a 48RE. What is needed to run the 2006 5.9 ECM on the 6.7? Does the ECM control the 48RE or do I need the Anteater controller?
Not much, change the MAP sensor pigtail, wire up OBDII and APPS. I'd recommend 5.9 style injectors instead of 6.7 for a daily driver. I'm probably forgetting some things. The 48RE is reported to work with a factory ECM, but I've never gotten it to work.

Got the Fummins together. Anteater rocks! I have another issue. Any throttle application ends up with a major surge and or defueling. I can get the truck to go , up I have to baby the throttle and accelerate very, very slowly.
The guy I got the engine from had the ECM burned for automatic. Thinking I was going to use it to control the 48RE. I wonder if the lack of transmission inputs could cause defueling or limp mode?
It does not sound like a 7.3 anymore! It dropped a couple cylinders. LOL

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ended up with a 48RE. Pretty happy with the choice. I'm using an Anteater from Firepunk. Slight modification to the Dodge trans mount and drilled new holes in the Ford cross member. Welded pieces of the Dodge shifter cable bracket to the Ford bracket. Ford cable works fine. I need to modify the lever on the trans to get the trans detents to better match the Ford shift column detents. Driveshaft was shortened 1-3/4" and the Mopar yoke replaced the Ford. Freed up $1600 by not buying an adapter.

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk

Got the Fummins together. Anteater rocks! I have another issue. Any throttle application ends up with a major surge and or defueling. I can get the truck to go , up I have to baby the throttle and accelerate very, very slowly.
The guy I got the engine from had the ECM burned for automatic. Thinking I was going to use it to control the 48RE. I wonder if the lack of transmission inputs could cause defueling or limp mode?
It does not sound like a 7.3 anymore! It dropped a couple cylinders. LOL

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Turned out to be my laziness caused the defueling. When I installed the AirDog pump, I reused the Ford power feed. It was intermittent! After changing about everything in the fuel delivery system, I finally decided to install a new fuel pump relay. Fixed!

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk

Back