RECON Quality.........

Well, got everything soddered up, pluged them in and all 3 worked.......Left the lights on to get them as straight as possable. By the time I had the 3 one back on, noticed the 3 on the other side where out again and then the 3rd one went out......

I think I am just going to go hit a Vato Zone tomorrow and get some cheap LED's and just use the covers and backing plates and wire up my own lights inside! im done trying to mess with this junk!!!!!

I mentioned in another thread the cab lights leaked and cost me a pioneer touchscreen head unit from a heavy rain and poor sealing. I removed and siliconed rubber to cab, screw holes, and rubber to lense. If they cost me the new $1200 alpine I'll be very angry. Also the cargo light on the third brake light has never worked well from time of install. Once it went to full brightness, otherwise so dim the Led's are barely visible.

Hey...I will say something good about them.....they have great marketing...I mean when I sit on the shi#ter I look at their ads and say way...that Chinese crap looks cool...

Same here on the Recon junk. Never again will I pay for overpriced made in china junk. They spent all the money in the package and adds. Their warranty sucks too not worth the time.

I much prefer reasonably priced Chinese junk, too. LOL Kinda hard to find electronics and lights that arent...

Recon = $hit. When I had them on the truck, one of them was constantly taking in water vapor. I had to RTV all the joints to get it to quit... THEN, I had one of their LED tail lights decide to eject itself on the interstate. I have no idea how or why. Normally the harness would have at least kept it with the truck. Not Recon's crappy connectors. I backtracked to try and find it, but it was already obliterated.

I ended up buying another manufacturers lights. So far so good. If anyone is interested, I have a drivers side RECON LED taillight I'll sell for cheap. :hehe:

I much prefer reasonably priced Chinese junk, too. LOL Kinda hard to find electronics and lights that arent...

So true anymore it’s all China or third world countries, but you’re right at least you can buy on the cheap and afford to replace yearly compared to their pricing.

IMO Our hard earned money is paying for their advertising and packaging. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife put all new recons in her F-450 after she bought it. Within a year 2 of the dually fender lights were out, one mirror light was only half working and the tails were foggy. My 02 came with recons in the rear and bed light. They are cracking and foggin up and only about half the bed light LEDs work. I'll never spend my money on them again.

I thought maybe I got lucky with my recon projectors until I went outside this morning and noticed the passenger side light was darn near full of condensation...wtf

Had a third brake light on the dodge that was great. The cab lights were a horrible piece of ****. Leaked no matter how much silicone I put on, bulb connectors weren't worth a damn and kept causing lights to flicker on and off, went from clear to yellow in a year. I really want smoked lights and LEDs on my ford but I'm not putting up with that **** anymore.

I have their taillights, 3rd brake and headlights. The 3rd brake and taillights are pretty nice. The headlights are complete scrap.

Thats funny everyone hating on them. Me and all my buds have never had any issues whatsoever with our stuff. Guess were just the lucky ones.

Thats funny everyone hating on them. Me and all my buds have never had any issues whatsoever with our stuff. Guess were just the lucky ones.

Give it time. I thought I got a good set of cab lights, been on for 2 years no leaks, no problems. Went out lastnight and one is out, the wires going into the led bulb came off. Looks like I'll have to order a replacement tomorrow.

Give it time. I thought I got a good set of cab lights, been on for 2 years no leaks, no problems. Went out lastnight and one is out, the wires going into the led bulb came off. Looks like I'll have to order a replacement tomorrow.

Do yourself a favor and take a look at Pacers!

Do yourself a favor and take a look at Pacers!

Pacers? Care to elaborate? I like the look of the Recon's but they're starting to really piss me off after already having to replace 2 dually marker lights and throw away a pair of junk headlights.

Not very happy with my recons on my '08 duramax. My headlights are horrible about getting condensation in them and the shine pattern isnt the best. The tail lights were bad about getting dust and moisture in them until I dried them out and sealed them up better. And had to do some soldering. Cab lights and dually fender markers are still holding on for now.

Had issues with the dually fender lights. All of them went out at one point or another. Ended up hardwiring all the lights to the truck, hasn't been an issue since. Haven't had an issue with my cab lights other than slight condensation in some of them. They haven't leaked yet.... Knock on wood. Have had a set of taillights for about 6 months now. So far so good.

Back