RECON Quality.........

Bosshawg600

PDP.com FireFighter
Anyone else think their products are absolute crap????

QualityRECONs.jpg

One of many RECON products going bad in a short amount of time!!! 3 out of 4 of my Dually fender lights went out, pulled them off to find this. There was no reason at all why this should have happened, wires were supported with all stock hardware intact, nothing out of the ordanary......And they all broke wires in the same spot!!

Not only that, my cab lights leak, and my tailgate bar is always on the fritz and they are all brand new! I guess these are just over priced items that belong on jacked up mall crawlers with RockStars, not trucks that are aucutaly used......Now just to find another lighting product because I will never buy another RECON anything!!!

I had trouble with them on a couple dually fender lights before. Other than that never had trouble myself. Now on the other hand I have a few friends that have had nothing but problems out of them.

I wish there was another good light company that makes products that actually look good and function properly.

Total junk! They look good out of the box but fall apart within a year in most cases. I will not be buying anymore.

I've had good luck with the tailights and third brake light on the duramax, had a buddy have issuers not have good luck with he dodge tailights, but I've sold a few sets that are fine, there customer service complete sucks though

So it looks like the wires are just soldered onto the back of the socket and then potted with silicone or clear epoxy? Looks like schiddt to me. :D No wonder they broke.

I've had better luck out of the $30 ebay special smoked cab lights....I cracked a set of recons, so I tried these and they have been pretty good

I've had two dually marker lights do the EXACT same thing. I've got one sitting infront of me right now, $20 for a replacement! The wiring on their lights is absolutely horrible. I've been lucky with my cab lights so far, brake lights are pretty much junk they leak water and fit like crap and the third brake light is ok. I ordered a replacement dually light on Tuesday, after no one awnsered the phone on Monday and the guy was rude as hell! Are there any other companies out there that make similar products that dont suck?

I really do not understand how recon has survived all theses years. Their product is substandard and their customer service is worse. This is truly one of the few times you are better off buying from ebay

I have their cab lights, tails, and 3rd brake with 0 problems.
Had them all for at least 2.5 years.
Maybe I just got lucky though.

Someone reccomended Putco Lighting, They have pretty much the same products (maybe a little less options, but this isnt a show truck)

But I took the lights comletly apart and re-sodered EVERYTHING!!!! Maybe they will work now, but who knows......For $100 for 4 little LED lights, they should be near indistructable......

Same here on the Recon junk. Never again will I pay for overpriced made in china junk. They spent all the money in the package and adds. Their warranty sucks too not worth the time.

Last edited:
You can get the same quality product on eBay for less than half the price most of the time. Recon= overpriced junk.

Back