lets see pics of traction bars

How's this for a frame mount? Anything to worry about or do differently?

image_zpseea32035.jpg

Last edited:
How's this for a frame mount? Anything to worry about or do differently?

image_zpseea32035.jpg

Maybe some gussets on the 90's on top of the traction bar mount point and under where it mounts to the frame? Just to stiffen it up more and to be sure it doesn't even think of bending or twisting. Even boxing the front of the traction bar mount point wouldnt hurt but I tended to over do things.

Are you welding to the frame or bolting?

It wouldn't hurt to gusset it some but his mount is way stronger than the frame. What is that 3/8"?

I would gusset it and box it around the frame myself. Might be overkill, but also piece of mind you won't tear a weld out.

It will be through bolted.

It's all 3/8" except for the piece you see on the cram. That is 5/16" if memory serves me correctly. It was and H beam we had at work. Cut it in half to get two brackets.

Yeah, I figured most would say gusset it. I've got some plates cut at work, just need to fit them and weld on there.

Thanks for the feed back fellas!!

Is everyone installing these by letting the rear axle droop completely while the frame is on jack stands or are y'all just bolting them up with the truck on flat ground?

I welded mine with the rear on the ground never had a problem and worked great. Welded the rears of the bars all up bolted to the rear mounts then swung it up to the front mounts, ran the bolt throught the bushing and tacked it. Took off the bars and welded it all up. That way they were the perfect needed length. Again maybe not the expert way to do it but works.

I hope they do the job.

Attachments

• DSC_0253.jpg
    DSC_0253.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0256.jpg
    DSC_0256.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0499.jpg
    DSC_0499.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0505.jpg
    DSC_0505.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0506.jpg
    DSC_0506.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 0
Those are nice! What's the thickness of the wall? I like how they're mostly bolt on too. Hopefully they clamp real tight! Nice work

Those are nice! What's the thickness of the wall? I like how they're mostly bolt on too. Hopefully they clamp real tight! Nice work

If you look at the 3rd and 5th pic close you'll see he welded a plate pretty much horizontal to the ground that mounts to the underside of the shock mount.

Back