My 2006 Usa East Year in Review vid

Nice Vid Kevin!

I like the change to "flirting with disaster" at the end, hopefully you get all those bouncing issues eliminated this season.

lower the hitch inch and half at one lil pull if it still bounces and see what happens kevin

Hey Joe what's up! I have a list of to do's a mile long. The tight tracks with heavy sleds had my number last year.

have you heard the new Metallica song "Extacy of Gold" it would fit the good the bad and the ugly theme. Great VID

While I am glad to see a Ford doing battle with the best pulling trucks out there, its a miracle your truck goes down the track at all. Look at the surge you have.

There is a serious suspension issue, I don't know why it doesn't bounce to the moon.

Who did your suspension work? I'd take it back, because obviously, they have no clue.

enegpsd said:
While I am glad to see a Ford doing battle with the best pulling trucks out there, its a miracle your truck goes down the track at all. Look at the surge you have.

There is a serious suspension issue, I don't know why it doesn't bounce to the moon.

Who did your suspension work? I'd take it back, because obviously, they have no clue.

Obviously you have no idea what you are looking at. Watch the first video in the ugly and watch the frame flex. So what do I send it back to Ford?

"its a miracle your truck goes down the track at all. Look at the surge you have".
If your talking about the engine it's in the right foot!

There were suspension changes made after those videos. The only hooks after were at Shelbyville (slick track) and Cynthiana where I broke a drive shaft.

Frame flex huh????
Looked more like too much air in the rear/Too rough on the clutch to me........Among other things....

Last edited:
What help all you people know how to do is put someone else down. If you have an idea I would like to hear it.
I want to hear why you don't think the frame is flexing. Look at the Ugly part of the video, third song first clip. You can see it between the cab and the bed.
I don't think I understand what you call surge?

bbunting said:
You can hear it when the weight hits, and the motor pulls down. Chh chh chhh.....aka, surge.

Forgive me if I sound stupid but I don't hear it.:bang
I understand what your talking about, but it doesn't get under the charger and bog like a Dodge.

bbunting said:
You can hear it when the weight hits, and the motor pulls down. Chh chh chhh.....aka, surge.

Where at time wise is it in the vid? If you are talking about the second Mercer raceway pull at 3:40. He was pedaling the truck. That track sucked hardcore. Really rough. A lot of guys had trouble. Mat Cooper pulled a "Wheelie":bang . Still can not beleive it did not break. I went to a lot of pulls with Kevin a I can not remember hearing any surge. I will check my vids when I get home.

When you say you made changes, what changes have you made from the pics on your website? Or are those pics the most current? My thoughts/opinion on your suspension would be 1.) get rid of the factory springs in the rear and upgrade to a heavier spring, 2.) change the ladder bar to attach to the point where the turnbuckle does (in other words move the pivot point of the ladder bar from the center of the axle to below the axle, this will help eliminate axle wrap and will also eliminate the turnbuckle from causing your ladder bar to flex), 3.) the frame flex can be helped if you change the ladder bar system around and change where/how you mount the front point of the ladder bar (couldn't find any pics of how the front of the ladder bar attaches) 4.) I'm not sure of the geometry of your front suspension by looking at the pics, but are your shackles on the rear of the spring? If so then when your suspension compresses, the shackles are allowing your axle to move towards the back of the truck and your traction bar, being fixed to the cross member, would be pushing the housing towards the front of the truck causing some funky things to happen (this was happening to one of the RWYB gas guys this year and plagued him most of the year until he changed it)

Like I said these are my thoughts and opinions. I really never looked under your truck before, but I've seen your truck in action enough to know there's something wrong.

Dave

Back