My 2006 Usa East Year in Review vid

mech2161 said:
Forgive me if I sound stupid but I don't hear it.:bang
I understand what your talking about, but it doesn't get under the charger and bog like a Dodge.

You may want to change that to,".........but it doesn't get under the charger and bog like Calvin Millers Dodge."

His is the only Dodge I know of that bogs, who pulls more a couple times a year, that you pull against.

It looks to me like your truck always has a bounce to it-it just doesn't shut you down everytime.

Those are old pics.
The rear bracket is 2.5 inches lower than the rear axle and mounted between the U-bolts(welded). The front connects to a drop bracket 7in down from the frame at the door line.
The drop brackets are tied together side to side with 2X2 box.
The frame is plated over the rear springs.
I have round tube from the front cab mount to the drop bracket and from over the rear housing (frame)to the drop bracket. Trying to bridge or triangle the frame.

The hitch will be raised this year to change the lever angle and i will also try to drop the hook point on tight tracks.

I'm open for any and all ideas.:bang

Sledpuller said:
You may want to change that to,".........but it doesn't get under the charger and bog like Calvin Millers Dodge."

His is the only Dodge I know of that bogs, who pulls more a couple times a year, that you pull against.

It looks to me like your truck always has a bounce to it-it just doesn't shut you down everytime.

Maybe bog is a bad choice of words. I can say I've never got under the charger and been shut down.

get rid of the round tube and go with square for the ladder bars, and they probably dont need to go past the front u-joint of the rear drive shaft. JMO
I love the video though...good job!

Kevin, do you have a leveling kit on the front of the truck?

does this pose a big problem??? the truck i plan on pulling this year has extra springs in the front (original owner had a snowplow). ive never pulled it yet, and my other truck had only the factory front spirngs... also mine is super-cab short bed like kevins. if its going to be a problem ill take them off and save aggrivation.

frame flex huh ? but it can hold it's self with a bed bolt. toughest frame out right now huh?(that what they tell me on tv) all trucks flex framed truck flex at the bed and the cab. i know it's a ford thing i would't understand!!!!!!!!!! thats cool thou keep it up the more pullers the bigger the sport!!!!

shakinIH said:
Kevin, do you have a leveling kit on the front of the truck?

does this pose a big problem??? the truck i plan on pulling this year has extra springs in the front (original owner had a snowplow). ive never pulled it yet, and my other truck had only the factory front spirngs... also mine is super-cab short bed like kevins. if its going to be a problem ill take them off and save aggrivation.

YES, we found that just ONE front spring works. the more we had on the front the more it bounced. tried alot of diff setups and atleast on fords u want ur front to float. thats my advice

Is it me or does it seem like the manual tranny fords like to bounce more than the auto ford pullers?

You have a stout motor and I would think your season would have been a LOT! better if she had not bounced quite as much. The 1st pull of the year there at mercer where you took the sled out the gate was very impressive.

I will be hooking this year at mercer 1st pull of the year I hope for no bounce. But with a ferd ya never know!!!

I will have Calvin Miller style traction bars made from the 3pt hitch top link. Hitch tucked up as far as It can go and still be the fartherest point to the back & hope to take the rear bumper off + rear air bags.

Yes, air bags, you see them on all the top pullers in the country...........

Airbags was my lil bounce issue last year, there gonedy now

I've tried to listen to those with an honest effort to help. There aren't many Fords pulling to look at. I've tried things that work on the Dodges with no luck. I haven't tried air bags, among other things this is on my to do list. At one time my truck looked like a jungle gym on the bottom side. I have been trying?
If I get it to work the Dodge boys will be crying more than ever. No they didn't find any nos.

I promise u are ford setups are diff from dodges, u want ur front end to do what it wants if u put to many leaf springs or traction bars up front it bucks, if u want proof check out my pull from tenn. PM me if u have any questions

Here are some things I've tried.

Front:
1 No bars
2 single upper bar
3 single upper 2 lower
4 single shock
5 dual shock
6 hang weight
7 no weight

Rear:
1 as from factory
2 single lower bars
3 upper & lower bars 4 link style
4 ladder bars
5 heavier springs
6 lighter springs
7 no suspension travel
8 1in travel
9 2in travel
10 plate outside of frame from front spring hanger and tied into hitch
11 more & less air pressure

Every setup has bounced on a tight track with heavy sled.

good man, mines at 24, when at 26 the truck would jump alot for the first 100foot

If I get past the first 100ft hang on it's good. My truck rocks on a loose track.

Back