Infinite Sextuplets

It will be a project to see it through, we will document it and possibly try and put some footage on YouTube. Very well may be a few changes before it's making full power passes this summer.

The high pressure turbos are GT42 base, and the low pressure turbos are mid-frame S400 base. We do have a power goal and are realistic about what it will require to make it happen, but there are steps that need to be taken to reduce the chances of failure before any testing will begin.

It will be a project to see it through, we will document it and possibly try and put some footage on YouTube. Very well may be a few changes before it's making full power passes this summer.

The high pressure turbos are GT42 base, and the low pressure turbos are mid-frame S400 base. We do have a power goal and are realistic about what it will require to make it happen, but there are steps that need to be taken to reduce the chances of failure before any testing will begin.

How much air do you expect them to move?

More than we need, over 400lbs/min. It's simply easier and less costly to use more turbochargers that are reasonably priced and readily available, seems like this point is being overlooked.

Last edited:
More than we need, over 400lbs/min. It's simply easier and less costly to use more turbochargers that are reasonably priced and readily available, seems like this point is being overlooked.

After seeing some prices on used 5”+ chargers let alone new, I came to the same conclusion about trying to use 2 easily found 4.1” chargers to accomplish what I’m after.

I understand the idea of wanting to use cost effective chargers in place of something exotic.

Anyone care to elaborate on an exhaust plenum? Interesting idea, never seen it before now personally. Outside of packaging constraints and conversation purposes, it doesn't seem... efficient?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Anyone care to elaborate on an exhaust plenum? Interesting idea, never seen it before now personally. Outside of packaging constraints and conversation purposes, it doesn't seem... efficient?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

as long as you arent trying for quick spool, no advantage from exhaust pulses.

Outside of packaging constraints and conversation purposes, it doesn't seem... efficient?

Packaging and time frame were big issues to this project making PRI, people should be aware the head didn't exist 10 days ago. So to say there has been a great deal of work done in a short amount of time is an understatement.

It is very possible that some or possibly many parts will eventually change. There are no plans to load the engine below 5k RPM on a negative sweep, and in that case turbo response is not of much concern.

Plus it looks 10x cooler.

I think part of the reason we have seen a boom in triple setups is the cost factor. Assuming there is room and the piping doesnt get out of hand, it is far more economical.

:aiwebs_029:OptiTorque Commissions Build of 4,000 + HP Engine for Fastener Testing
Power output levels of performance engines are rising at an insurmountable rate. OptiTorque’s commitment to fulfill our customer requirements in those areas have led to the construction of a high power test engine platform.

Based on the mid frame Cummins diesel 6.7 liter displacement engine. The engine features extensive modifications to withstand the twin parallel 2 stage compound turbocharged induction system consisting of 6 turbochargers. The factory engine block was outfitted with a high strength steel crankcase, main cap and fire deck support plate. Utilization of both aluminum and iron cylinder heads encompass the build portfolio for fastener testing.

The test criteria and data collected are one illustration of OptiTorque’s continued development programs solidifying our presence as an industry leader in critical high strength fastening systems.

I think part of the reason we have seen a boom in triple setups is the cost factor. Assuming there is room and the piping doesn't get out of hand, it is far more economical.

I believe it is very misunderstood that this was the reason three turbo setups came into existence in the first place. This is a multi-faceted project with no particular application goal, more so a way to bring products to market based on previously accumulated experience and continued testing.

Back