Mahle 155* vs Stock

luke h said:
Jim thanks for your reply!
I think I will be going with the marine pistons from piers. I will be running a .450 lift cam but plan on getting enough taken off that I can go bigger in the future. How well does the .550 cam act on the street. Do you know the duration?
Thanks for the help. I really want to get this build done right the first time since ive had so many problems with the truck!
Luke

450? A Stock cam is like 430/470! I'm not running that cam now, I have a stocker in there.

The first big cam sucked on the bottom but pulled really hard on top, so they made some changes to the grind and it was much better but still needed some tweaks to make it perfect.

Are you calling the Marine pistons the same ones I'm running! Marines' are fine but the compression is lower.

Jim

Do a google for "how to calculate compression ratio. It will bring up a couple of good sites. The combustion chamber volume is 6.8cc and the head gasket diameter is 4.160". The 2 short blocks I have sitting here have piston above deck measurements of .028. Stock 94 to 98 pistons have 45cc bowls. Marines are 53cc like somebody already mentioned. Jim

I forgot about the head gasket. Stock head gasket is .060. I just received a set of pistons Friday from PAI in Suwanee, Ga. Jim

Back