05 duramax tranny build

The GMAX 5-R is the best of the best right now. it includes the Raybestos SPZ c1 and c2 and the carbonite c3-c4. but as far as installation, being in ohio, I would recommend Flirtin With Disaster Performance for your install. Cody Nichols should be able to take care of you just fine

thanks every1 im hearing a bunch of good things about lavin at firepunk i wrote on there facebook page no response yet im going to message him on here...soo the gmax kit sounds like the way to go now what converter should i go with? im going to have stock turbo and internals probably forever unless i break somthing lol just bolt ons, im shooting for 500whp someday im thinking eather the percision ml or suncoast 1056,1054,or the 1058 suncoast has so many options to choose from lol and ive never heard anything bad about the ml converter eather

thanks every1 im hearing a bunch of good things about lavin at firepunk i wrote on there facebook page no response yet im going to message him on here...soo the gmax kit sounds like the way to go now what converter should i go with? im going to have stock turbo and internals probably forever unless i break somthing lol just bolt ons, im shooting for 500whp someday im thinking eather the percision ml or suncoast 1056,1054,or the 1058 suncoast has so many options to choose from lol and ive never heard anything bad about the ml converter eather

whoever is building the trans should know what works best for your application. that's why you pay them. If they don't know, ask Suncoast when you order the parts.

I would recommend a converter that was spec'd by George Alexander for your application, it's not on the website...it's known as the "777"

Last edited:
My trans was built by Jeff Garmon with a SunCoast GMax kit and Diesel Performance Converters billet triple-disk converter. It is working great with just over 500HP to the rear wheels and 114-pounds worth of 37-inch tires and wheels at each corner!

Lavon uses DPC converters too! I just shot a 47RE build article with Lavon and his brother Lyn that will probably run in the July issue of Diesel World. He is a good builder and if he is close by, I would go with him for sure!

My trans was built by Jeff Garmon with a SunCoast GMax kit and Diesel Performance Converters billet triple-disk converter. It is working great with just over 500HP to the rear wheels and 114-pounds worth of 37-inch tires and wheels at each corner!

Lavon uses DPC converters too! I just shot a 47RE build article with Lavon and his brother Lyn that will probably run in the July issue of Diesel World. He is a good builder and if he is close by, I would go with him for sure!

X2! Firepunk crew is good people.

Powermax Performance is in Salem, OH. Built mine and many others using Suncoast parts. Also does trans, etc for a couple solid 2.6 trucks.

thanks guys i realy appreciate all the info and openions!!keep them comming lol and i have messaged lavon on here and wrote on firepunks wall and still no responce after a week..having a hard time making time to just call them ive been working 80-100hrs a week!!

I was at Lavon's shop Tuesday, he is buried in work right now with DPC coming up. Call him and make sure you leave a voice mail with your number and what your wanting done. I'm sure he'll get back with you when time allows.

Back