Farmboys Fabrication ladder bars

You wouldn't be refering to me ,..would you?.... LOL

You drug over rocks...and still didnt bend them...i am pleased about this; but am still realistic about the loads they can handle in regards to the extreme weight that can possibly crash down on them.

You really should be on 2.5"x.5" wall DOM (but you would have to pay dearly for this)....so, "dont fix it 'till in breaks". (even though i like being able to say we have yet to have a failure).

jesse your bars are super clean and very high quality looking.

question though, if your not really using them for "flexing" why not just run std poly bushing on the ends? i have them on my air ride and it's fine.

somthing like this.
http://suicidedoors.com/Adjustable4-...with34Stud.php

My bars are meant to flex...they can easily handle the limits of the factory spring rate/travel, as well as many aftermarket spring/shock setups. The bushings put too much twisting forces on the tabs, and quite honestly, we have no way of knowing the quality of the welds connecting the tabs to the tube. The less bind at that location, the less chance of breaking...even if it is due to a sub-par weld.

The tabs, with the joints I run, can only see a compression force (pushing against the tube). The welds arent nearly as much of a concern in this instance; leaving the customer/installer less important to the proper function.

Plain and simple, we dont know who is installing them, nor how the truck is going to be used...we try to make them as stout as possible so its never something we have to worry about; so far, its worked. :rockwoot:

I dont think we have ever advertised it...but we will also make the bars custom order out of 7075 t6 aluminum to keep weight down on those used for drag racing.

Call for pricing.

- Jesse

You might want to mention that in the Drag Racing Thread as well as in your vendor area. That's good to know.

Back