Upgrading 02 7.3 injectors which ones?

skintback

I'm looking to go with some bigger sticks on a 02 power stroke keeping the spilt shot not looking to break the bank but what do some of you guys run in a daily driver? Mods are SC trans TS chip Garrett BB turbo thinking around 80-100rwhp would be fine. I will also be adding a HPOP stealth 1 or adrenaline

Don't want to go with custom tuning i want to keep it simple

It doesn't get much simpler than just throwing an adjust-on-the-fly chip in the truck. :poke: It's a whole lot simpler than swapping injectors. Plus no matter what injectors you get you won't be able to take full advantage of 'em w/o one, same with the big oil. Just get you some nice hybrids fromsomeone like Diesel Innovations with one of their custom chips and you won't even have to worry about spending money on more oil.

Don't want to go with custom tuning i want to keep it simple

Even bigger splits need custom tuning.

Sure you can run bigger splits on the tuning you have, but the changes in the injector internals and the nozzle will cause a difference in spray and combustion. Tuning needs to be adjusted to correct the timing, pulsewidth, and injection pressure to inject the fuel into the piston bowl. Otherwise you'll piss fuel all over the place and end up with some cracked pistons in the end.

Your TS chip can easily be reburned with new tunes.

Get a set of 200 cc Hybrids with say, 100% EDM nozzles, reburn the chip you have and rock out. Easy 100hp.

OK so getting the TS reburned to match the new sticks sounds good to me about the oil pump it needs one so why not add something better. Do you really need 200cc to make 100rwhp?

OK so getting the TS reburned to match the new sticks sounds good to me about the oil pump it needs one so why not add something better. Do you really need 200cc to make 100rwhp?

Why does it need an oil pump? Who says?

And no, it doesn't take 200 cc's to make 100hp, hence the fact that I didn't suggest that you make up a set of 360cc injectors....

I said 200cc injectors, as in 200cc's total. Which is about 40cc over what you have. Of course you realize your stock injectors aren't 0.00cc right?

Bada bing, bada boom, 40cc times ~2.4hp per cc equals...... 96hp.

ooooooo, ahhhh, there's your 100hp...

I like the stance of your truck in your avatar.

thanks man:Cheer:

as far as the stock oil pump goes ive heard of some keeping up with larger split shots and then ive also heard the oposite..I dont see any reason in not goin with single shots just for the fact of not having to worry about the hpop

thanks man:Cheer:

as far as the stock oil pump goes ive heard of some keeping up with larger split shots and then ive also heard the oposite..I dont see any reason in not goin with single shots just for the fact of not having to worry about the hpop

It all depends on the strength of your HPOP. Factory tolerances are kinda loose, so some HPOP's can keep up better than others. Most HPOP's can't even keep up with stock injectors on a higher hp tune, so the chances of the stock HPOP keeping up with aftermarket splits is virtually nil.

However, after the discussion in this thread, it looks now like you are leaning towards singles. Wise decision IMO.

Singles use less oil than splits. For example, you can run a chip on stock injectors and a stock HPOP, and in a higher hp tune you can see injection pressure drop to 2000-2200 psi. Simply swapping out to hybrids (a single shot injector), and you can easily reach over 400 hp, and at the same time see injection pressures hold 2500+ psi in many cases.

The only true way of knowing for sure is to monitor injection pressures after you install your new injectors. If the HPOP is still dropping pressure, and everything else has been verified to be in good shape, then you might have a weak HPOP and require an upgrade. Fortunately, there are now many upgrade options on the market today that fit just about any budget.

It all depends on the strength of your HPOP. Factory tolerances are kinda loose, so some HPOP's can keep up better than others. Most HPOP's can't even keep up with stock injectors on a higher hp tune, so the chances of the stock HPOP keeping up with aftermarket splits is virtually nil.

However, after the discussion in this thread, it looks now like you are leaning towards singles. Wise decision IMO.

Singles use less oil than splits. For example, you can run a chip on stock injectors and a stock HPOP, and in a higher hp tune you can see injection pressure drop to 2000-2200 psi. Simply swapping out to hybrids (a single shot injector), and you can easily reach over 400 hp, and at the same time see injection pressures hold 2500+ psi in many cases.

The only true way of knowing for sure is to monitor injection pressures after you install your new injectors. If the HPOP is still dropping pressure, and everything else has been verified to be in good shape, then you might have a weak HPOP and require an upgrade. Fortunately, there are now many upgrade options on the market today that fit just about any budget.

Hence the 200cc hybrids...

They use way less oil than his AD's. Even a hopeless pump will produce stellar ICP.

You will walk the fine line with running the injectors with PMRs. I walked it for 5 months before it spit the rod. Some have gone longer. Its your choice.

You will walk the fine line with running the injectors with PMRs. I walked it for 5 months before it spit the rod. Some have gone longer. Its your choice.

You could have gone forever with more appropriate injection timing. Point blank.

You could have gone forever with more appropriate injection timing. Point blank.

thank you for saying this..many tuners such as beans, matt at gearhead and bill at php have put alot more research into these pmr motors and are fealing comfortable around the 450 horse mark..as stated it all about the timing, many recomend a hybrid injector wich will alow them to use less timing althoguh they are having good results with the stage twos also

I had stage IIS and it woke my truck up big time. If I could go back I would just get hybrids though. Faster pulse means less timing needed which means you keep your PMRs longer if not forever. Get a set of 200cc Hybrids and you wont be upset. Screw the oil I set the check engine light with my stock injectors now on my race tune and I could not set it with my stage II singles in so what does that tell you. SINGLE SHOTS with custom tunes will do you good.

Back