FCDP Project Super Single Dually

Abrannan19

NOBAMA 09-12
We have a customer locally that bought a 2004 King Ranch dually with 22.5's on it. Ever since he has owned it, he has wanted super singles on the rear and not the standard dual 22.5's like what was on it. I personally didn't like the idea, but its not my truck. Upon many phone calls and lots of research, we found that the smallest super single tire available was 40" tall. Anyone that knows out trucks knows that a BIG honkin' tire. After the customer kept on pushing for a super single in the rear, I had a buddy that does all my semi tire stuff for me, he happened to have a 22.5" x 14" super single available and a super single tire available, so he mounted it up for me and we took it to the shop and did a test fit. The tire and wheel went on but it it on both outside edges of the bottom of the fenders. So after we get it on, we take pictures, get him out to look at it, and he loves it. But in order to get this tire to work its was going to either take pretty invasive fender modification or it was going to take some lift. The customer was totally against a lift, if anything, he wanted it lower. After we got some prices on what it was gonna take to install, he said he needed to hold off for a while. During this time about 2 months we kept in contact and I tried diligently to talk him into just getting 22's or 24's shaved down, then he could lower it and have two wide tires on each side with only a small gap between them, almost giving the illusion of one big tire (to an extent). He still wasn't interested in that. So, the time comes and he brings us money and the truck and says make it happen, do whatever fender modification need to be done. So with that said..we got started. This is not finished by any means, this is just some progress.

22.5" x 14" Alcoa Super Single with a Bridgestone Greatec 445/50/22.5 tire

tires.jpg

installed and fenders cut enough for tires to roll (not pretty)

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

From this point we decided that the distance from the top of the tire to the bottom side of the fender clearance wise looked pretty good, it was the distance left to right that obviously was the issue. We discussed it with the customer and he felt like that would look best also, since the customer will not be regularly towing, we talked about removing the rear block also to drop it down a bit, he agreed. We took the block out and then marked what needed to be cut out to follow the circumference, and this is what we have to date;

treysscutfcup.jpg

treysscutf.jpg

this project isn't done yet, we have a friend that is a body shop guy that paints and fabricates. He is smoothing the cuts out and he is going to install an aluminum liner to replace the factory plastic liner and the aluminum will either be undercoated or we are going to try and rivet some ABS plastic over the aluminum to try and retain the factory style look. I know this look inst for everyone, I wasn't too keen on it at first, but its kind of growing on me. Also keep in mind the front tires are going to be changed out to match the profile of the rears and the necessary modifications will be made there also. As far as we know, this is the ONLY truck stock height with super singles on the rear.

I hate it...a lot. Wish you could have talked him out of it, Adam.

X2!!! I think its fugly... 10 lug wheels have no place on a 1 ton or smaller. If you wanted a real truck, buy one! IMO 20's are as big as someone should go also... 22.5's are ugly. A shame you couldn't talk him out of it. :badidea:

The REAR picture looks good.All that tire to me looks mean.I looked into a super single.Why cant they make a bigger 16 to keep the factory rim size?When i searched it seemed that starz.com (or something like it)was the only shop willing to make a deep 16" rim.The side shots well....?Ten lug isnt happening for me.

X2!!! I think its fugly... 10 lug wheels have no place on a 1 ton or smaller. If you wanted a real truck, buy one! IMO 20's are as big as someone should go also... 22.5's are ugly. A shame you couldn't talk him out of it. :badidea:

your crazy..22.5's FTW..why don't we buy a real truck..guess only "real trucks" have ten lugs now..LOL

_DSC8615-1.jpg

your crazy..22.5's FTW..why don't we buy a real truck..guess only "real trucks" have ten lugs now..LOL

_DSC8615-1.jpg

I was insinuating more than he was trying to make his one ton look like a big rig... I knew someone was going to call me out as soon as I hit post LOL Either way, I think 10 lug "Big Rig" wheels look as cool as dual turn out/aussie stacks or any stack for that matter over 7"... :umno:

And 22.5's? Ninja please... :doh:

IMO, super singles look best on 2500 or SRW 4x4 trucks. Only single tire that looks nice on dually's are drag tires, and in this case it'll have to be a 2wd.
BTW: nice job making it fit, looks like a clean install.

Last edited:
i like it the pic from the rear looks good great job modifying it. the circumference looks pretty smooth

^^^ ugly truck!!!

He has a 22.5 sticker above the stroke emblem :hehe:

Chit mudda fukka I beez Rollin tru da hood wit 22.5's :hehe:

that super single looks killer Abrannan

so how much is it for the rims, tires, the adaptor, and the work. Does this truck have any lift. Will it work for a 2wd dually with a levelling and 20's up front

so how much is it for the rims, tires, the adaptor, and the work. Does this truck have any lift. Will it work for a 2wd dually with a levelling and 20's up front

rear rims and tire with mounting and balancing not including any adapters or front tires and wheels or body modification we are at nearly 3600.00

Back