Power Driven's Frankenstein Dyno Results

Update: Videos from the dyno event

Here's the first dyno run, 3rd gear pull to 4200 rpm that resulted in 1327 corrected rwhp.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBdbAf1z370"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBdbAf1z370[/ame]

Here's the dyno print-out. Disregard the torque numbers, they were a default setting for a Dmax/Allison in overdrive with 3:73 gears and some unknown tire diameter.

Frank%201327_zpszozimgq2.jpg

As stated, the correction factor was around 21%, we didn't get to see the information till a couple hours after the runs but rest assured, the 21% shown in this picture is probably really close to what all the big # trucks were "corrected with".... LOL

Correction%20Factor_zpstegervlx.jpg

Here's the overdrive run which was the second and final dyno run that recorded 1379.5 corrected HP.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1FGtzQfugg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1FGtzQfugg[/ame]

Frank%201379.5_zpselx3jnis.jpg

Overall it was a fun dyno event and we were happy with the results and plan to continue to tweak and tune this truck to find more power!!!

It was nice seeing you again Will! Todd, it was awesome meeting you for the first time, and out of all the people there, you were by far the tallest. LOL

Your truck was quite impressive too. Can't wait till it gets to the track!

It was nice seeing you again Will! Todd, it was awesome meeting you for the first time, and out of all the people there, you were by far the tallest. LOL

Your truck was quite impressive too. Can't wait till it gets to the track!

Lol. Yes I am not verticaly challenged! It was nice meeting you as well. I too am very excited to get it to a track. I need to do a few things still before that. Like traction bars and a waterman lift pump. One might think that a fass 220 and an aeromotive 1000 would be able to keep up. But the Dataloggs say otherwise.

Lol. Yes I am not verticaly challenged! It was nice meeting you as well. I too am very excited to get it to a track. I need to do a few things still before that. Like traction bars and a waterman lift pump. One might think that a fass 220 and an aeromotive 1000 would be able to keep up. But the Dataloggs say otherwise.

I hear that Aeromotive is finally coming out with a unit now with water separator and what not. I think it's coming in basically an A1000 and A2000 setup, but I haven't seen anything in black and white yet. Just a thought ;-)

I hear that Aeromotive is finally coming out with a unit now with water separator and what not. I think it's coming in basically an A1000 and A2000 setup, but I haven't seen anything in black and white yet. Just a thought ;-)

I actually talked to a rep at the Industrial Injection dyno event about it, it's a whole different deal built specifically for diesel applications. They said during long term testing the sulfur in the diesel fuel didn't play well with their normal pumps. The system will put all but a few into price shock, so I don't know if it'll go too mainstream, but it is a very well engineered piece.

I actually talked to a rep at the Industrial Injection dyno event about it, it's a whole different deal built specifically for diesel applications. They said during long term testing the sulfur in the diesel fuel didn't play well with their normal pumps. The system will put all but a few into price shock, so I don't know if it'll go too mainstream, but it is a very well engineered piece.

Yea, I saw that. I want to think it was over $1500???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1790 is the price I heard. I know people that have been running an A1000 for 10 years on their trucks and never had a problem with diesel fuel not playing well with it. Sounds like an excuse for them to put a big price tag on their product. I don't see them being competitive in a market charging over double the price of the competitors top pump.

Congrats on the numbers with Frankenstein!

What sulfur! They know it's 2015 right?

Yea, I saw that. I want to think it was over $1500???

WHAT?! ha ha I guess forget what I said then. I can't see that being worth it at all.

I posted something in the Duramax section about it since they are releasing that kit first. I've had the opportunity to work with them quite a bit with the systems and they came down to Bean's with us this year. We put one of their larger prototypes on a local 2.6 truck so we'll see how it can handle that kind of demand.

I posted something in the Duramax section about it since they are releasing that kit first. I've had the opportunity to work with them quite a bit with the systems and they came down to Bean's with us this year. We put one of their larger prototypes on a local 2.6 truck so we'll see how it can handle that kind of demand.

Link please? Especially since this thread is getting derailed.

What's it pulling down to? And do those waterman lift pumps last long term

What's it pulling down to? And do those waterman lift pumps last long term

I think it would go to 0 if I stayed in it. I have it set at 50 psi. It has a boost reference that puts pressure up to about 58 with some boost. On a 2 to 3 gear roll on it dropped to 5 psi and then I let off. again this is with a fass 220 going into the front feed and an a1000 going into the rear feed and a regulator after the pump. On the run in overdrive you can see the truck lean out at the end of the run. it also dropped power at the end of the run. The third gear run was so quick it didn't drop pressure and power was still climbing when I let off. Climbing slowly but did not drop.

I talked with Keating yesterday and long term reliability is not known. The older ones did not last on the street but the new version has better bearings so who knows.

My mechanical lift pump just has bushings and its 5 years old. Flow's a non issue. Wouldn't use a electric pump for no money.

Couldn't tell you other than it started life as the gusher pump Opie put together. Simple gear pump with a little cogged drive belt. 100psi lift pressure stays flat lined against the regulator.

Finally got the vid to play, truck sounds great!

Last edited:
I talked with Keating yesterday and long term reliability is not known. The older ones did not last on the street but the new version has better bearings so who knows.

I know of a couple street trucks that have had them on for a couple years with no issues. Past that, I don't know either.

Back