Wide stance

Makes me wonder what the hell some people are thinking as they throw their money away on this chit.

I need some wide wheels, right now my truck looks like it skipped leg day every day for a year. Haha

Don't get me wrong. I like a wide stance, tastefully done. I consider my old setup to be reasonably wide. But there is such a thing as excessive. And there is plenty of that in here..

Last edited:
utugyqu5.jpg

This is how my old truck sat, just a little bit wider is all i'm looking for on my gen 3.

I think wider wheels are ok to add a little bit of aggressive look, but don't over do it. Too wide and it just doesn't look proportional to the rest of the truck. $.02

I went wider so I could run a wider tire (proxeys), and more backspacing so I could clear the control arms. If I could run a stock appearing setup, I would, but spinning is no fun.

I went wider so I could run eys), and more backspacing so I could clear the control arms. If I could run a stock appearing setup, I would, but spinning is no fun.

Nothing wrong with a useful wide stance. For a street truck it usually ends up with an inch or so of tire sticking out from fender or flare. Any more than that is no different than a 10" exhaust tip.

These are plenty meaty 11.5" wide on a 9" wheel.

20140221_182539_zpst8bjwpi5.jpg

^Looks good like that, just too similar to stock for my taste. 06 5.9's pic just above yours is absolutely killer!

Some of these bad boys look good enough to be stock photos, might have to shoot some of you all pms to see if you mind me using them

Apparently I no longer know how to post pictures at a regular size. Here is my old setup (posted somewhere in here before). Leveled with 325/60/20's on a 10" wide wheel. The truck is in the shop getting a different color at the moment. Not sure if I will run it leveled with the rear again with the same wheel/tire dimensions, or switch to a 305/55/20 with the front at stock height and the rear leveled to the front.

Attachments

• 325s.jpg
    325s.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0
  • truck1.jpg
    truck1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 0
Back