11 blade billet vs. 6 blade billet

Howling

Soot Sniffer
Would like to hear some thoughts between a 11 blade billet wheel vs a 6 blade billet wheel for a S475.

no helpful info. other than i bet that 6 blade wheel sings! can i have one??? being serious now, from what i have gathered is the 11 blade or "full blade" designed wheels will make boost quicker, but the downside is the full bladed wheels choke out quicker than the split blade designs, limiting the map width(hope that is correct....), if the turbo(s) are matched correctly, i would say go with the 11 blade wheel, depending on the use of the s475(twins or single), if what i know is correct, the 11 blade would be better suited for a twins application, where the wider map of the 6 blade split compressor would be better as a single. turbo guru's if i just spit out a bunch of garbage, my apoligies, and please set us straight....

Wes

I was reading on Bullseyes site about the 7 blade cast wheel compared to the 6 blade billet wheel and I like what I heard.I was just looking for some more insight.

What's the weight difference between the cast and billet?

If you compare the GT4202 to the GTX4202, the GTX (11 blade) has a lot wider map, higher PR's and slightly higher efficiency. The GT wheel is cast, not billet though. The GTX is a quieter charger too.

ask Fleece about their billet wheels they have been running. I gained 100 horse on a wheel change.
Do you know if there are big differences between there s366 billet wheel charger and bullseyes? JW not looking to buy yet just another forum had a thread on it and no one was sure.

that's what I noticed too, but that may be setup related too. Maybe the cam/head is so restricted at that rpm, it is the limiting factor?

Were the turbines changed? Put a wheel on that moves more air, it probably will bring it on quicker, but the turbine may not be able to spin it or chokes down.

I was reading on Bullseyes site about the 7 blade cast wheel compared to the 6 blade billet wheel and I like what I heard.I was just looking for some more insight.

What's the weight difference between the cast and billet?

22grams is a number stuck in my head. I was told this last week but there has also been quite a few other numbers in my head as well. I would bet that was the number that Bill told me though.

BWCast7.jpg

BPBillet6.jpg

:what:

Chris not saying I don't believe you just saying what David mentioned,if thats what you weighed it at then I believe it.Is the 6 blade going to spool faster and bring the power on sooner?

Back