Whats your water/meth hp increase?

I saw almost the exact same as Sandaholic, gained 25hp and the trq stayed the same. It did however drop temps by about 200+/- deg. I mixed distilled water and methanol 50/50. Never tried running straight water FWIW

Seems to me that those who are posting graphs are gaining HP, and either maintaining or even losing tq... Kinda strange..... Must be the water is putting the fire out down at the torque peak, but helping torque up at the max hp rpm....

Seems to me that those who are posting graphs are gaining HP, and either maintaining or even losing tq... Kinda strange..... Must be the water is putting the fire out down at the torque peak, but helping torque up at the max hp rpm....

I don't think it's the water. It's the alcohol adding the hp at the top end.

Hmm, how many guys do have dyno verified numbers?

Took my rig and my brothers to a dyno about a year ago. My brothers had the WM we did two runs, first without put done 483, next run put down 547. Never noted the egts, but Definitly got to see the numbers.

Ive got the stage 3 snow setup on mine. Seems to just cool EGT rather than add any power. Could use that safety zone to add a little more top end fueling too.
Snow has a setup with some smaller nozzles and solenoids 'mpg-max' that supposedly increases economy. Anyone tried that?
Kinda curious what water/meth would do in smaller amounts at lower revs. Not racing related, but for someone using bio fuels dunno if it could head off ring coking, but it should clean valves.

Some mercedes people have seen reduced crankcase pressure with the use of water meth while using WVO and bio kawi600.

I'm kinda late on this thread I know but seemed like a lot of reasonable people here so wanted to get some opinions...
My goals for my truck (07 megacab 3500 with the 5.9 Cummins/auto trans) is to raise the MPG and have longevity/low maint costs. I'm not a racer and rarely pull much of anything heavier than a car trailer or small box trailer. I put a lot of miles (700 miles a weekend on the interstate plus driving during the week) on my truck. I am curious what you would recommend for my truck with those goals in mind and what I would be able to see from such mods. right now the truck is bone stock except for fluids and I am looking at CAI, possibly EFI live tuning, possibly the water/meth kit, possibly a bigger turb (doing research on that now) and maybe a free flow exhaust. I will be doing a light build to the trans later on to make sure it is in good shape and shore it up for the long haul. Right now I get about 16 in town and 18.5-20 on the interstate. to get that I have to keep my RPM around 2000/73 mph.

thanks for any info you can provide/thanks for pointing me to another thread with the info if it has been covered already. seems like most people are looking for the hotrod truck they are getting rid of in a year or two, I want to keep mine till the floorboards fall through...

oh, and by fluids I meant I'm using synthetics all through except the trans as I am waiting to determine what I'm doing with the trans before I swap fluids. and the truck has about 80,000 miles on it now.

Back