Whats your water/meth hp increase?

dont have hp numbers but i got some et numbers
with a .125 nitrous jet i went 12.30 @112
with a .125 nitrous jet and water meth useing just washer fluid and 2 nozzles i went 11.90 @118. im nost sure what size they are but it only used about a cup of the washer fluid. on a pass.

I have a 2004 5.9 and with a mildly built engine and I was told NOT to run any meth once the twins were installed. The installer told me that. It is studded, cam, Smarty TNT, FLUX, etc. Is there any idea why I would be told that. I do notice cooler EGTs but have yet to get my truck on a dyno.

Couple years ago, 68HP on an unloaded dyno at ~5500' DA - with straight HOSE WATER... overfueled CR with twin everything, testing a highly modified intake & head (12-IR) using a dozen nozzles off a single 150psi pump.
Probably just dribbling through the orifices! :hehe:
Last run of the day, so Major Heat-soak was in the house...
Who says that NA intake design (pulse tuning, charge suspension, laminar flow, plenum volume, CSA/boundary layer ratio, etc.) doesn't matter in high-boost mills? ;)

Not really - methanol's auto-ignition temperature is almost 900*F (never saw compressor discharge temp over 600*F), and it's explosive range in dry air is ~5-35%.
Mix outside the critical range or add water and it's not likely.

Actually, it works great as a chemical IC for twins.
Highest HP CR in TX got there with the help of a couple nozzles in between compressors a couple years back. :thankyou2:

Pull ~4* timing for a 50/50 mix; 70% load should be at least 5*

No, compressors ingest high humidity very well -no durability concerns with modern wheels.
Axial-mounted nozzles at correct distance & fan angle work best, but fogging upstream is decent 2nd choice.

Injection increases charge viscosity, which reduces compressor pumping losses, and centrifugal force causes liquid molecule migration along the blades to improve tip sealing. Win-Win :Cheer:

what about using -20 washer fluid...should you still back off the timing a little?

On my 1st gen I have seen as little as 25 hp and as much as 80 hp (75/25) increase.

It depends on state of truck tune, condition and setting of pump and nozzles, mixture ratio, etc.

The only decrease I see in egts is with water only. Stays about the same with winter washer fluid and will increase with stronger mixture of meth.

I have dyno numbers and track times.

I use mine for racing only.

The only decrease I see in egts is with water only. Stays about the same with winter washer fluid and will increase with stronger mixture of meth.

Ditto here. The combustion of the methanol offsets any cooling.

with my current set up EGTs are not a problem so i would run 50/50 just for HP on the dyno and track. My goals are 400rwhp and low 14s or high 13s if possible

Dont have dyno numbers but with my old truck it ran 14.65@95 without out, and 14.3@99 with. Snow 375 and 625 nozzles with 30% methanol and 70% water. Dropped intake temps by atleast 35 degrees.

a61f311d.jpg

496daadd.jpg

The first 3 runs from bottom to top were fuel only. First run the load was applied a little late is what I was told. The next 2 is what I imagine my rig makes fuel only as they are very similar. The last one at the top there was with the water meth. If you look at the time there was only 20 seconds between those 2 runs so that is some pretty major heat soak IMO. Gain is 26.5 hp and loss of 3 tq.

EGT drop maybe 100-200. Seems to vary quite a bit from run to run. I haven't really messed with it too much since last summer. Needs a little more time to dial it in.

26 is a reasonable gain with that fluid. I use the same -20 stuff and got 13whp injecting 6.6gal/hr.

No EGT reduction though (WI works a little different on IDI engines).

I gained a significant amount of power on water meth. Here's a dyno graph of the truck on fuel only

100_1217.jpg

And a dyno graph from the same day with the truck on 70% methanol

100_1218.jpg

I'm running a snow stage 3 controller, the 2 biggest jets that came in the kit, and highly underfueled twin turbos. EGT's climbed from 1200 degrees fuel only, to 1300 degrees on water meth. I do have comparison video to go with the dyno graphs, just don't have access to it yet.

Ran 13.01 and 12.96, egts's were 1450 at the end of the 1/4, found out the pump was airlocked form running out on the highway the day before, bled it out, ran 12.81. at about 1400

05, s300/s400 twins, smarty tnt, 90 hp injectors, stg3 cp3 bigstick cam.

devils own, 2 DO7 nozzles in intke plate, 1 DO14 in intake horn, pump cranked to 250psi. no real smoke down the track before or after water/meth. blue fluid, -40 deg. C

Back