Baca BOOM!

The billet D&J engine in Firepunk's S10 did about 3200hp on the engine dyno. Videos on YouTube. The sad, and or pathetic, part is there are a bunch of guys running huge power reliably in real competition, and these clowns can't even do it on just the dyno. This bonehead is long established as the most painfully slow 2k+ hp truck in existence. Cool pictures, but once again the king of ineptitude has shown his presence.

Ah yes, this is the type of quality discussion that I love. :woohoo:

Essentially almost all the SSD 4x4 class.

They are over the level at the crank, and could probably add 6-700hp from where they have them running reliably.

They don’t have a need to try and see what they do at the tires because it’s pointless for them.

I'm absolutely ashamed to admit I didn't even realize they were much above 2000. I've been seeing all these billet cranks, girdles, deck plates, filled blocks, custom heads and triple turbo arrangements over the years and I never grasped what they all added up to.

So was this one that exploded on the dyno a stock, non-filled block? What were they doing wrong?

Are the 3000+ builds all Sigma-style inline pumps or are common rails in there too? Are there any V-8's in that power range?

So... that's what 3000 horsepower looks like when it escapes the engine.
Was anybody hurt?

From what i read baca had some burns on his arms and so did the passenger. Buddy sent me the link. I was impressed by the explosion, thats about it haha.

He did have some burns .
c1654344719e508d2c405c3b27ad6802.jpg
c1b9ac3d4a39069ab2e9e92e1715b285.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Man i hate burns. But he got really lucky not taking something through his body after seeing how the transmission blew up.

The dyno operators should be shielded at this point. After watching countless trucks blow up at these events you would think theyd learn. My ass would be standing there full fire suit, riot shield, and helmet just dynoing lol Especially these trucks that are known to become small bombs like bacas. Not the first time its happened and wont be the last

Guy at the local strip took a flywheel through the arm while we were standing by the starting line years ago. Could’ve been a hell of a lot worse for certain.

Guy at the local strip took a flywheel through the arm while we were standing by the starting line years ago. Could’ve been a hell of a lot worse for certain.

Says the guy that didn't get hit with a flywheel. LOL

So, it was a spectator that got hit, or the driver?

Says the guy that didn't get hit with a flywheel. LOL

So, it was a spectator that got hit, or the driver?

Anything that lands in the crowd is yours to keep.

And don’t think that blowproof bellhousings are blowproof.

a2b37835f1142df44cf0d408cfa5fb92.jpg

Not sure if that one was but they get shredded too.

Was he not using a blanket on the 48RE? Or would it not even matter at this point?

Baca got very lucky he didn't get hurt worse than he did, I hope these guys learn that if you are going to be pushing it to the limits you should be fully suited up. After seeing DHD video it makes me want to be in a full suit every time I get in a vehicle LOL

It would be cool to see that truck make over 3K HP however I have been wanting to see it do good on the track as well.

I'm surprised they don't have engine blankets and cables on that truck- I would think the group they pull with would require them?

Anything that lands in the crowd is yours to keep.

And don’t think that blowproof bellhousings are blowproof.

a2b37835f1142df44cf0d408cfa5fb92.jpg

Not sure if that one was but they get shredded too.

Just to make sure... You guys do know that pic is not baca’s truck? Lol

Also, glad no one was hurt, but a fire suit should be mandatory. And as intense/fun as it is standing near a high up truck on the dyno, crowds should be protected better when any truck pushing the limits of its components dynos. 90% of the time a person would be safe standing on the dividing line on a drag strip too, doesn’t mean we should.

Side note, when are people going to stop wasting time on roller dynos and upgrade to hub dynos? Don’t say cost, that’s obvious. At this point in time there is no good reason to not have one if accuracy is important.

Back