Waste engine oil for fuel

I'd say dump it in the closets creek and buy diesel fuel....but I can't afford a new IP right now either. $.02

Hell no, I burn it and heat water to heat my shop floor....anyone in Central OH with used oil can bring it to me! Or we'll come get it!

Chris

Centrifuge is best, but gravity filter is what I used to use. 3 sock filters inside each other, finest one was 1 micron. I only ran through once, and I ran about 75% mix, sometimes 100%.

Now I use this

Bluegrass Fuel Systems, LLC - TF3000

It's pricey, but I got it for a huge discount. I love it because it's got the hose/nozzle so I can leave it in the bed, and it's cleaner/easier to use. I can use it on roadtrips, so I don't have to pre-filter tons of oil beforehand, and it removes water and other bad stuff.

$1300?? talk about a rip. looks like a typical houshold water filter (different element maybe, a pump and a sprayer tank. WOW

but if it works...

Yeah, theres no way I'd pay that much for it. When I got it, it was already on sale, and he gave me a VERY substantial military discount (I didn't even ask for it, he gave it to me when he saw my shipping address), and on top of that, I was originally only getting the smallest model, he gave me the bigger one for free.

i have a cat electric primer pump and housing with 2 micron absolute filter, i wait till the drum is about 1/2 full then dilute it with clean red dye until the drum is 75% full, i have burned that in several trucks, 1/4 tank diluted mix and top the rest off with on highway with zero issues in several trucks and equipment, although i am a little skeptical in running it in my commonrail.

Back