Can't seem to make any power???

Sounds like you need to turn up the idle.

For fuel pressure you can start by adjusting the tork tek then stretch the return spring on your AD or buy another spring.

If the AFC is moving now does that mean you have powa???

Just for gets and shiggles I will turn up my idle again today. And will def try stretching the AD spring. I have no idea what the actual timing is. I'm going to take it to a friend of mine and have him time it for me at like 21 and see how she does. PO claims it's at 18-19 but that doesn't mean anything. Can you pick up the almost "fuel-knocky" sound in the video?

Timing can slip soooo easily on those. Even if you are meticulous in cleaning and torquing the shaft and gear nut.

I'm seriously beginning to think it has slipped. I have done everything y'all have suggested minus machining my gov springs. I set the idle and it didn't change anything as far as the chugging goes. I'm gonna get ahold of my friend this week and have him see what it's actually sitting at and adjust it from there what would be a good "base timing" number to start at? 21? I have 150 hp injectors and all of the supporting mods. Haven't done head studs yet , but head bolts have been retorqued

That would explain the "fuel knocky" sound, but doesn't overly advanced timing make them super hard to crank? It bumps right over. I am getting 23.2 mpg out of it thats hand calculated and tire size factored in.

Ok guys. I just bought the 12v pump timing kit it should be here in a few days. What I have noticed after installing my gauges is my egts will peg out 1500* if I stand in it for more than a few seconds, and it will only boost to about 27 psi. Another thing I noticed, where they teed off of the wastegate over to the AFC they installed a boost elbow on the AFC ! the boost elbow is screwed all of the way in! This tells me that boost pressure is being restricted to the AFC. I really need to get that replumbed. That still doesnt explain my bucking idle. I hope setting the timing properly will solve that. the engine is very "rattly" it just doesnt have that cummins smooth idle. Will report back after timing is adjusted.

Ok guys. I just bought the 12v pump timing kit it should be here in a few days. What I have noticed after installing my gauges is my egts will peg out 1500* if I stand in it for more than a few seconds, and it will only boost to about 27 psi. Another thing I noticed, where they teed off of the wastegate over to the AFC they installed a boost elbow on the AFC ! the boost elbow is screwed all of the way in! This tells me that boost pressure is being restricted to the AFC. I really need to get that replumbed. That still doesnt explain my bucking idle. I hope setting the timing properly will solve that. the engine is very "rattly" it just doesnt have that cummins smooth idle. Will report back after timing is adjusted.
No ****?!?

Back