Which pump to go with...

I'm sorry Maybe just to many beers tonight but I don't understand the ?
If your so piss porbroke that you can not ship a new pump up then WTF are you doing even wasting everyones time? Buy the pump you can afford and try for the 215Hp pump. would you rather have a 160 pump BULLY for you buy it. WTF are you asking? If you cant tune a truck then stop posting and READ, thats what search is for........ I cant stand internet IDIOTS

damn... this thread looks like something you'd find on Pirate :hehe:. Must be something in the water..

And I always thought the 215 pump on my 98 was the pump to have. Now that I'm reading up on all of this stuff (motor is out for a rebuild, want pump work done) and finding that most everyone hates it. I'm wondering if I should even send my pump in. Might just need to go look for a smaller pump (never thought that'd be an upgrade)

I'm thinkin someone pissed in your cheerios yesterday and the taste is still in your mouth.

Huh?
Guess you cant tell sarcasm when it hits you in the face like a brick.:bang

BTW, I dont eat Cheerios.:hehe:

Go back to post #35 and read it, then you might have a clue of what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
I had a stock motor with studs only and valve springs. I did 634 with a single 64-71-14 and the engine had 260k on it. I dont know what it has now but i think its a little stronger than before. I am still using the 160 pump that came off the old motor and directly onto the new one.

That is awesome. What injectors were you using? Stock lift pump or aftermarket. I got 632 witha much bigger turbo than a 64, I am wondering if the ddp4's are holding me back and I am sure the stock lift pump didn't help much.

That is awesome. What injectors were you using? Stock lift pump or aftermarket. I got 632 witha much bigger turbo than a 64, I am wondering if the ddp4's are holding me back and I am sure the stock lift pump didn't help much.

His sig. shows DDP BFIs now, not sure about before.

Brad sure does have a badass truck. He also knows how to tune them:rockwoot:

If I ever make it out to my brother in law in Cali. I will be stopping by his shop for him to work some of his magic on my pump.

Huh?
Guess you cant tell sarcasm when it hits you in the face like a brick.:bang

BTW, I dont eat Cheerios.:hehe:

Go back to post #35 and read it, then you might have a clue of what I'm talking about.

You're terrible at sarcasm.. Stick to something you might be better at. I read his post. He's fine with them.. You can't seem to stop pissing and moaning about them. All I've seen from you so far is kicking and screaming because someone questions you.. Step back and take a sip of whiskey.. It will help with your crying.

You're terrible at sarcasm.. Stick to something you might be better at. I read his post. He's fine with them.. You can't seem to stop pissing and moaning about them. All I've seen from you so far is kicking and screaming because someone questions you.. Step back and take a sip of whiskey.. It will help with your crying.

What are you talking about?
Are you serious?

I personally have 2-215hp pumps. 1-is a 913 that came on my truck and the other is a 887 benched pump from JR Adkins set to 600cc of fuel.

I love the 215 pumps!!:rockwoot:

If anyone is crying it is you right now.

LuckyJeff,
If you dont have any knowledge to give Dave then go to a different topic and stay out of this one.

Back to Daves thread.

I was drawing FP on a new stock lift pump down to 5psi at WOT only making 550-600hp. With Air Dog and 35psi of fuel pressure that number went to 625. 800 on fuel with a stock LP is BS...but Joe Donelly on TDR said that he has done it so it must be true... yes I read that artical in TDR as well

I ran a hpfp in the front of the pump as well as the oem system. The injectors are 80 lpm DDP tips only that i set up at the shop.

Back to the subject. All of the pumps 160-175-180-215 will make more power than your cooling system can support towing. Its really irelevent if you keep the gets low. The cooling system can only take so much duty cycle for so long before it before its saturated with thermo energy. The lower egts buys you a time window. Just based on my experience.

Back