Let's see your weight brackets.......again.

added a weight rack now for when i went to ky, hung 400lbs on front in ky and weighed in at 8020 i think there scale was off heres pics of my 45 min weight rack fab
n58208478_32435833_656.jpg

n58208478_32435832_295.jpg

n58208478_32435831_9923.jpg

n58208478_32435830_9530.jpg

with weights on its 59 and 1/4'' from center of axle to end of weights

Joe, that looks a lot better in the pics than in person. never thoguht we could do something that quick and WORK. heck if it can hold Me and Garrett jumping on it....its not too shabby!

Here is a pic of a couple I have. Also just have a regular tractor weight rack where the weights hook side by side.

Last edited:
anyone have any pics of a 2nd gen weight rack on the sport model and where you can mount it ? with out cutting the bumper? or should i just get a crap bumper from a junk yard and use it and cut it?

Thanks J-Rod

Ebay or a local plow/truck outfitter can hook you up with a used plow bracket, In the spring on Ebay is another good place to find them AND the best is a car dealership. If a guy keeps his blade but doesnt take the mount/wiring off then they are left removing it.

Here is my setup:
I need to raise it off the ground another 10" though... it hits the trailer when loading/unloading:doh:
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showpost.php?p=192484&postcount=41

I am new to pulling and looking to get started after clutch and traction bars go on. So what's the weight limit for the truck and why do some of you cheat the weights over to the driver side?

I am new to pulling and looking to get started after clutch and traction bars go on. So what's the weight limit for the truck and why do some of you cheat the weights over to the driver side?

Typically the limit is 8k, but may be higher depending on where you pull at. Guys run the weights closer to the driver's side because the torque causes the driver's side to lift up.

if someone is looking for one ive got a nasty bracket, need some 2" receiver tubes to put on frame rails. made for dodge but could be changed!! not shipping it tho, Indiana ohio guys ill make a good deal!!

here is what i have for my sled puller, its still in the works but i will have my case weights that weigh 1600lbs infront of my bumper and then on the inside i have 1400lbs of lead that im fitting in, on the inside of the bumper along with my batteries and then fuel cell also

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 117
thanks for the info guys. yeah his does seem somewhat simple but now i need to figure out what to do with mine! any suggestions? thanks

1222952448.jpg

1222952449.jpg

1222952451.jpg

this should work for you

i got mine at tractorsupply and welded a back on drilled 4 holes you have to remove bumper and reinstall it but it works out

You got a lot of weight that you can hang out on the nose...1800lb. will bend that ranch hand all to hell. Don't know what to tell you on yours, but NWPADMAX is right on the dirtymax. Remember...Hang it as far forward as possible but they can't exceed 60" from the centerline of the front axle.

see thats what i was wondering my ranch hand has a hitch mount on the front in the center and had no idea how much it would hold it also has two rectangle holes for light mounts and i though about making a brack the slides into the hitch and the two light mounts to help distribute the weight so all the weight wasnt on the hitch

When you make the weight bar, make it so the weights hang sidways.... your limeted to 60" from the front axle and hanging the weights sidways will get the weight out as far as possable! In this game every little bit helps!

well last year i hung 600# from the one receiver on my ranchhand and didnt incounter any problems with anything wanting to break. It was around 76"
though. i finally came up with an idea this year that will hold all 12 weights and end up being about 57". when i get it all said and done i will try to post up somepics. pretty much i bought 2 12" receiver tubes cut two 2 1/2" squares joles with a torch from the back right next tothe half inch mounting plate then ran the receivers in from the front and weld front and back as well as to the sides of the mounting plate. i will then take and make two seperate peices to hold 6 weights each turned sideways and slide the 2" tube into my receiver tubes all 12" and pin in two spots behinh bumper. imo that should be plenty good enough to hold the weighi wanna through at it. this probally sounds all jubled up but when i get pics it will make more sense

well i measured mine i could hang the weights hanging in towards the truck but sideways you would be able to get the weight out further not sure how ill do mine yet definitely post some pics when you get yours done

Back