Let's see your weight brackets.......again.

thanks for the info guys. yeah his does seem somewhat simple but now i need to figure out what to do with mine! any suggestions? thanks

Throw some of that weight in the bed of the truck as far forward as you can get it. Hanging 1800 pounds off the front end is going be hard on front end parts. Remember the more weight you hang the more chance of breaking.

SMOKIN-U said:
i am going to be fabricating a front weight bar for a friend and myself. He has an 02 duramax reg cab and i have an 05 dodge reg cab. My question is how much weight can the front of the truck handle? His only weighs 6300 and mine weighs a touch over 6700. We are going to be pulling in an 8500# class. Will are front ends take a ton of weight on them? If so what kind of ideas would you guys have to build something that would be strong enough to hold it? He has a factory bumper and i have a ranchhand with a receiver on the front. If i make something to slide in there will that be too much weight for the bumper to handle? thanks alot

I have hung around 1100 lbs or so with no problems.

does anyone have a picture on how to mount one for a dodge? i have a 2001 and want to make one

damn it this still doesnt help me on how to mount it to the frame and not damge the bumber at all

I have a boss plow mount. Very simple to use. I just welded 3" C channel it just slides over the mount.

I think Dave's Diesel or Rick Smith has the best setup for pulling weight but it is ugly. It is one big flat piece of solid steel hanging out front.....it is ugly though.

I have never added any weight to my truck nor do I have airbags in the rear. I haven't even let any air out of my tires, just drive to a pull after work & hook to the sled. Does the hanging weights really make that much difference? I only weighed in at 7200lbs at Reedsville last year.

i think it helps alittle from what i have seen thats why i want to make one for my self and were they measure is from the center of the front axle

do you guys think if i mount the weights on my ranchhand that it will hold it okay?

Here is mine.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 232
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 242
i guess i will post up mine it works realy well and no bouncing of the weights due to a rod going throug the holes in the weights
IMAGE_00063.jpg

IMAGE_00062.jpg

IMAGE_00061.jpg

IMAGE_00060.jpg

the very tip is 59 and 15/16" from center of axle

i used a rese style front reciver hitch get it any where for around $100

Back