3126 cat n an ambulance chassis

Is ceramic coating a DIY project? I’m planning to get the wheels on my semi and hopper polished, and would like to make them as wash and wipe off as possible.
It can be. It took 45 minutes a wheel for the front and back of 22x12's. Just like paint, prep is more important than the paint. The process is basically apply the coating, then buff off the excess.

It can be. It took 45 minutes a wheel for the front and back of 22x12's. Just like paint, prep is more important than the paint. The process is basically apply the coating, then buff off the excess.

How do they look when they’re done?

They look like wheels? LOL You can't tell anything is applied until you go to wipe them and most of the stuff just slides off.

Asking because I’ve seen other coated products and it looks hazy.

I’ve been disappointed before, polished 14 wheels, 2 tanks and 2 step boxes then coated with the latest and greatest coating. Took 3 times as long to get the coating back off as it did to polish. Burned up 2 grinders doing it.

Always seems to be the case that if it’s too good to be true it probably is. Hard to beat straight polished.
7360d8a37bb37372215fa1d63845c77c.jpg
c561d55f68d138644c8adb820129d52b.jpg

Post a pic so i can compare it to my POS, Please :gag:

of the pump? or the truck..just got it home last night bout 830 so..ill post up some pics...itll be a few months probly before it meets my expectations of detail and maint ...but I will say the hr home with it it runs great..smooth..quiet...great headlights....in theory...should be a great truck for me...

now to find ins for it...ugh

got me a driver now too.....

Attachments

• fl6.jpg
    fl6.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 0
  • fl5.jpg
    fl5.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 0
  • fl3.jpg
    fl3.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 0
  • fl2.jpg
    fl2.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 0
  • fl1.jpg
    fl1.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 0
  • fl4.jpg
    fl4.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 0
  • cowgirl2.jpg
    cowgirl2.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 0
Asking because I’ve seen other coated products and it looks hazy.

I’ve been disappointed before, polished 14 wheels, 2 tanks and 2 step boxes then coated with the latest and greatest coating. Took 3 times as long to get the coating back off as it did to polish. Burned up 2 grinders doing it.

Ah, that went right over my head. No, they only have a haze before you buff off the excess. The typical haze isn't there. The only problem is price; $50 of product did 5 wheels.

Old pump on right. New pump on left.
3eba27992c88c7c943c011c725f6cf36.jpg

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

So mines a 2002 and the last year the 3126 was made before it went to the C7 and it has this pump on it. So how is this the old style?

Attachments

• IMG_20191017_122142606.jpg
    IMG_20191017_122142606.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 0
So mines a 2002 and the last year the 3126 was made before it went to the C7 and it has this pump on it. So how is this the old style?

Yup. That little solenoid valve on the side is the IAPCV. Go ahead and replace it or at least get one to keep on hand. LOL

Yup. That little solenoid valve on the side is the IAPCV. Go ahead and replace it or at least get one to keep on hand. LOL

So for common knowledge of people that don't mess with these every day how do they act when the IAPCV starts to go bad? This truck has had a few issues that I can't seem to trace down.

So how is this the old style

So for common knowledge of people that don't mess with these every day how do they act when the IAPCV starts to go bad? This truck has had a few issues that I can't seem to trace down.

I don't understand. The 3126 pump is the old version of the HEUI pump utilized on the 3100 engine platform. The C7 equivalent rectangular topped pump is the newer version of the HEUI pump utilized on the 3100 platform.

Yours is also old because it's the original production pump if that photo is of yours. If it's been replaced, they replaced it with one from another engine.

The solenoids (on the 3126 pumps) coke up over time. They cause hard start, low power, engine hunt.

The solenoids on the rectangle pumps are oil quenched so they don't coke as often, but the axial piston pump and check valve fragment and destroy the fuel system.

I don't understand. The 3126 pump is the old version of the HEUI pump utilized on the 3100 engine platform. The C7 equivalent rectangular topped pump is the newer version of the HEUI pump utilized on the 3100 platform.

Yours is also old because it's the original production pump if that photo is of yours. If it's been replaced, they replaced it with one from another engine.

That's where I was confused also. The 3126 never came with the new style pump. I was reading it as they put the square top pumps on the 3126 from the factory. But if it has a square top from the factory it's not a 3126 but instead a C7.

That's where I was confused also. The 3126 never came with the new style pump. I was reading it as they put the square top pumps on the 3126 from the factory. But if it has a square top from the factory it's not a 3126 but instead a C7.

Correct, the High efficiency pump(square top) began with the C7.

Check engine light comes on and it just generally runs and sounds like poop. LOL

Back