3126 cat n an ambulance chassis

Doubt cat will do it. More BS dealer crap about hard parts and transmission rating.
Where's my smoochie gif.

I've always wondered what the damper did that required it to be exchanged. I suppose the harmonics catch up with them.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

Where's my smoochie gif.

I've always wondered what the damper did that required it to be exchanged. I suppose the harmonics catch up with them.

Best one lately was a guy I haul with got new turbos for his MXS at Cat. While he was picking them up he asked how much an overhaul was now and was informed they won’t warranty it without new turbos. Points to the new boxes on the counter and was told those didn’t count because they weren’t on the same bill. Lmao.

I've been jerked around by warranty, too. I was told this year that Seals replaced during overhaul only carry 1yr like any other part. News to me. When I started, I was told anything replaced during overhaul carried whatever warranty was applied.

Both Turbos have to be replaced at time of overhaul to qualify for 3rd year free on an acert. Mhuggler will probably run in here and hand my ass to me over that because I'm forgetting something.
The base incentive is 2yrs free with opt. Oil cooler or turbo purchase gets 3rd year, acerts require both. I'm not clear on invoices being separate, but I think a dealer has to install the parts.
It doesn't happen, but you were able to go back during the body of warranty and put the additional warranty on. Expand 2yr into 4yr.

so I stripped the tool boxes off..getting ready to build a across the chassis hauler for my Kawasaki mule....

question...the mule is 10 ft over all....I need 8 ft of platform for it to sit on...that should be fine right? based on dot regs is the 10 ft wide gonna be an issue behind the cab across the chassis? cant go lengthwise because the overhang gets in the way of the trailer front...so it has to go across....for less than a grand I can but 2 loading ramps for a car carrier and it will sit on there no problem..only weights maybe 1500lbs

Legal limit is 8'6" without permits or exemptions in OK. Not sure about FL. You'd be fine to build your platform but your mule is gonna cause you problems is my guess. Find out what highway patrol troop (if you have those) is in charge of weights and measures. Call them and ask them. Don't take advice from internet yahoos that could cost you $$$ if they are wrong. $.02

From the USDOT Federal Highway Administration website.

attachment.php

Treed by Jory, again...........

Attachments

• CMV Width.jpg
    CMV Width.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
so I stripped the tool boxes off..getting ready to build a across the chassis hauler for my Kawasaki mule....

question...the mule is 10 ft over all....I need 8 ft of platform for it to sit on...that should be fine right? based on dot regs is the 10 ft wide gonna be an issue behind the cab across the chassis? cant go lengthwise because the overhang gets in the way of the trailer front...so it has to go across....for less than a grand I can but 2 loading ramps for a car carrier and it will sit on there no problem..only weights maybe 1500lbs

10’ wide will be a problem. 102” is the max you can be without banners, flashing lights, and in some states an annual overwidth permit.
Sorry a couple of you guys beat me to it. Oh well, he’s got his answer.

Last edited:
My trailers are 108” wide and that is the maximum. 102” platform and 3” per side for securement.

Just use farm tags and no straps and say it’s farm use. Then you can knock out all your lights too.

dammit...I bought this whole ****ting deal because I could build this on here..ended up too long for lengthwise and now too wide..fack fack fack

it would stick out 12'' wider than my camper on each side....

remember now kids..this is an rv not commercial...fml...

My trailers are 108” wide and that is the maximum. 102” platform and 3” per side for securement.

Just use farm tags and no straps and say it’s farm use. Then you can knock out all your lights too.

itll look redneck as hell...does that count? jory? jake?

itll look redneck as hell...does that count? jory? jake?

Yup. Counts for everything. LOL

I can haul over width, over length, over weight legally in OK within 150 mi radius of the farm as long as the tractor (truck) is farm tagged, I have my DOT registration number displayed, and all other required safety equipment on board. The load must be a 'farm commodity or farm equipment or anything related to or used in/of the farm' so I could legally haul a mule sideways close to home without tickets. Now, I said without "tickets." This doesn't mean that every weight and measures cop in the tri-county area ain't gonna stop me and tell me how dangerous it is to haul sideways and harrass the phook out of me.

Honestly, I don't think you'd want to drive around being that wide anyway. It's a PITA trying to avoid everything. Especially in close quarters like RV parks. Sh1t, most of them around here it is bad enough getting a 35' tag trailer turned around not even being close to over width.

New game plan. Make a ramp and haul it vertical. ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 0
That's why I said….go "vertical!" LOL

How angled would it have to be to load sideways like you planned and get it at 8' wide? Must make the ramps the same angle?

#ProjectShortenMule

Never mind. That will never work.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Why not just drive the mule on back to front and make a set of ramps like Jory posted a picture of? Have the front end of your mule over part of the truck cab and up in the air. I see that all the time.

I've been jerked around by warranty, too. I was told this year that Seals replaced during overhaul only carry 1yr like any other part. News to me. When I started, I was told anything replaced during overhaul carried whatever warranty was applied.

Both Turbos have to be replaced at time of overhaul to qualify for 3rd year free on an acert. Mhuggler will probably run in here and hand my ass to me over that because I'm forgetting something.
The base incentive is 2yrs free with opt. Oil cooler or turbo purchase gets 3rd year, acerts require both. I'm not clear on invoices being separate, but I think a dealer has to install the parts.
It doesn't happen, but you were able to go back during the body of warranty and put the additional warranty on. Expand 2yr into 4yr.

Well, I moved on from the truck engine dept. about 10 years ago so I don't have the latest on the warranties. Those petty rules don't really apply to this dealer anyway. We have one of the highest customer service ratings among all dealers on the planet. Part of that comes from covering a mind boggling amount of "goodwill" cases.

dammit...I bought this whole ****ting deal because I could build this on here..ended up too long for lengthwise and now too wide..fack fack fack

it would stick out 12'' wider than my camper on each side....

remember now kids..this is an rv not commercial...fml...

I’m all about outlawing stuff but 10’ wide is hard to hide unless you always travel at night.

Diagonal it. Load it level and let it rotate up into position.

Back